• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Time to fight back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrBrannigan

As most of you probably twigged straight away this was just a friendly wind-up.

I won't be reporting the joker to the real Mr B.

Comment

Back To The Future Part Iv

1:15a.m. Twin Pines Mall
      Doc Brown: Darly, you made it.Welcome to my latest experiment. It's the one I've been waiting for all my life.
      Darly Mcfly: It's a deloreon, right?
      Doc Brown:Bare with me, Darly, all of your questions will be answered. Roll tape, we'll proceed.
      Doc Brown:Good evening, I'm Doctor Gordon Brown. I'm standing in the parking Lot of Twin Pines Mall. It's Saturday morning, March 10th, 2008, 1:18 a.m. and this is temporal experiment number one. If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour, your gonna see some serious sh*t.
      (Doc Brown points at a weird contraption inside the vehicle)
      Doc Brown: Look, This is what makes time travel possible. The f**cked capacitor.
      Darly Mcfly: You made a time machine ... out of a delorean.
      This is heavy duty, Doc, this is great. Uh, does it
      run on regular unleaded gasoline?
      Doc Brown:Unfortunately no, it requires something with a little more kick,
      taxonium.
      Darly Mcfly: Uh, taxonium, wait a minute, are you telling me that this
      sucker's nuclear?
      Doc Brown:No, this sucker's electrical. But I need a nuclear reaction to generate the one point twenty-one gigawatts of electricity that I need.
      Darly: Doc, you don't just walk into a store and ask for taxonium. Did
      you rip this off?
      Doc Brown:Of course, from a group of Tax Cheating Contractors. They wanted me to leave them alone to run their phoney baloney businesses, so I took their taxonium and in turn gave them a shiny red briefcase full of bullsh*t legislation.
      Darly: Jesus.
      Doc Brown:Let's get you into a radiation suit, I have job for you, your going into the past.
      Darly Mcfly: The past, that's where I'm going?
      Doc Brown:That's right, twenty one years into the past to be precise. You have to take this white paper, its a slightly modified version of the double taxation agreement with the isle of man. You need to sneak it into the treasury somehow and replace the one that they are going to implement. That way I'll stitch up a few thousand more tax cheats.
      Darly Mcfly: Jeez Doc, are you f**kin nuts.
      (a van full of yelling screaming individuals roars into the carpark, one stands through the sunroof, carrying a rocket launcher)
      Doc Brown: Oh my god, they found me, I don't know how but they found me. Run for it, Darly.
      Darly Mcfly: Who, who?
      Doc Brown:Who do you think, the Contractors.
      Darly Mcfly: Holy sh*t.
      Contractor:Go. Go.
      Darly Mcfly: Holy sh*t. Let's see if you bastards can do ninety.

to be continued.......... (but probably not)

Last edited by poppy01; 10 July 2008, 08:39.

Comment

Poppy,

fantastic screen play! it reminds me of something i have seen before...mmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by poppy01 View Post
          1:15a.m. Twin Pines Mall

to be continued.......... (but probably not)

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zakzak View Post
            Poppy,

fantastic screen play! it reminds me of something i have seen before...mmmmm
            Can we make it into a Hollywood movie? Robert De Niro as lead role perhaps.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Can we make it into a Hollywood movie? Robert De Niro as lead role perhaps.
              I think I know who will play Mr Brannigan - that monster from Alien with acid for blood.

Comment

So on a serious note, the post in the news thread about the investigation. What does this mean for us?

Does it mean any making of the BN66 law will be put back until the investigation has closed or is it going to run in parallel?
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  So on a serious note, the post in the news thread about the investigation. What does this mean for us?

Does it mean any making of the BN66 law will be put back until the investigation has closed or is it going to run in parallel?
                  It is a parallel enquiry, and I'm not sure it has any direct bearing on our situation. It will not delay the Finance Bill, and I would expect BN66 to become law in the next 2-3 weeks.

Comment

montpelier

Does anyone know how montpelier have restructured the scheme to get around bn66. In my only correspondence from them (they were talking to existing members primarliy, not me) they stated that payments would continue and they had made the necessary adjustments.

This may stir some people up, but If they've 'fixed' it, I'm seriously considering rejoining as that's the only way I can hope to pay my bill when it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by poppy01 View Post
                      Does anyone know how montpelier have restructured the scheme to get around bn66. In my only correspondence from them (they were talking to existing members primarliy, not me) they stated that payments would continue and they had made the necessary adjustments.

This may stir some people up, but If they've 'fixed' it, I'm seriously considering rejoining as that's the only way I can hope to pay my bill when it comes.
                      I went to see the sales office in London. It is basically a loan scheme - like all the other offshore firms (DMZ, SAnza, etc) use.

I am preparing to move to a limited company - partly as 2.5 years of exposure is long enough for me - and my life is getting better I dont want too much hanging over me.

Comment

Working...
                      X