• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Time to fight back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there really much more we can do?

Streaking down Downing Street aside, is there much more we can do now before the court case?

I can't see us getting much sympathy from anyone, as most ordinary folks would just regard us as "tax dodgers" who are getting what we deserve. I think the only debate that matters now is on a point of law ie. irrespective of any moral arguments, have the government infringed our rights with this legislation.

I'm open to suggestions but as it stands I wonder if we might be better off just waiting for the JR.

Comment

Donkey

Would you mind enlightening us as to why you are not to be regarded simply as "tax dodgers" - I can't see any other description for people such as yourselves on (comparatively) huge salaries attempting to wriggle and squeal your way out of paying the same rate of tax that ordinary folks have to?

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner99 View Post
        Donkey

Would you mind enlightening us as to why you are not to be regarded simply as "tax dodgers" - I can't see any other description for people such as yourselves on (comparatively) huge salaries attempting to wriggle and squeal your way out of paying the same rate of tax that ordinary folks have to?
        Please dont anyone reply to that on this thread - lets try to keep on topic. And it is a huge issue.

There was a thread on this :-

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ighlight=moral

Or start a new one please.

Thanks

Comment

spot the person from HMRC!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
            Has Bradley got a new identity? Or is there more than 1?

If you are from HMRC - if you see my ex tell her she is a f**kwit who cant look after her children. She is the one with the extra large pointy hat and flash broomstick paid for by hanging onto the kids to get an extra large settlement. And I know where you live - I will be round later with my baseball bat.

Comment

Yes, check out his/her only previous post, which slipped through unnoticed.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/545352-post291.html

I don't know what a "Gooner" is but it sounds like a good name for someone who works at HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

I don't know what a "Gooner" is but it sounds like a good name for someone who works at HMRC.
                It's an Arsenal supporter. Nuff said, I suppse...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

oh my god a gooner that works at HMRC!!!! what could be worse!!!!!

The Irony being, if you look at Gooners post they seem to forget that people "in the top 5%" happen to pay a lot of VAT, Stamp Duty and are users of goods and services that help prop up manufacturing and service industries...fool! I paid over £150k in stamp duty in the last 12 months thru my property business and that doesnt include CGT or corp tax....wonder what Gooner contributed?

PS - as per your post we arent ordinary, we are the elite "top 5%" so dont go including me in your normo conclusions young man!

PPS - Gooner, if it was all above board then why did HMRC decide not to litigate for so long? Ya better have an answer for the JR!!!
                  Last edited by smalldog; 30 May 2008, 13:40.

Comment

meant to say "Is anyone considering getting a quote me happy from HMRC for their liability ?"

Comment

oh my god a gooner that works at HMRC!!!! what could be worse!!!!!

The Irony being, if you look at Gooners post they seem to forget that people "in the top 5%" happen to pay a lot of VAT, Stamp Duty and are users of goods and services that help prop up manufacturing and service industries...fool! I paid over £150k in stamp duty in the last 12 months thru my property business and that doesnt include CGT or corp tax....wonder what Gooner contributed?

PS - as per your post we arent ordinary, we are the elite "top 5%" so dont go including me in your normo conclusions young man!
                      It's called PLAYEM - Pay Less As You Earn More. It's always been this way and always will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X