• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant asking for £100 for a 5 line letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant asking for £100 for a 5 line letter

Hi everyone,

I asked my accountant for a letter confirming my company income, salary and dividends which i need for my HSMP visa extension. He's asking for £100 for following 5 lines letter

I hereby confirm that my client Mr. XYZ is the director of XYZ Limited (Registered in England No: xxx) from the xxth of May 2007.
    As a director of XYZ Limited, Mr. XYZ gross salary income of
    £xxx and dividends income of £xxx for the period xxth May 2007 to xxth of
    April 2008.

I pay him £90 per month including VAT, Is it normal?

p.s. if someone have the template for accountant letter, would you mind passing it to me. Thanks

Regards

Originally posted by farazfastian View Post
    £90/month is about average. Some accountants would give you a letter as part of the monthly fee. If they charge separately, then £100 doesn't sound too unreasonable.
    p.s. if someone have the template for accountant letter, would you mind passing it to me. Thanks
    How about something like:

I hereby confirm that my client Mr. XYZ is the director of XYZ Limited (Registered in England No: xxx) from the xxth of May 2007.
    April 2008.

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Comment

The £100 breaks down as follows:

5 line letter: £5
      3 years of accountancy training and exams to put him in a position to write it: £95

Comment

Or whoever is asking for it pays Companies House £15 for the same information?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You won't get salary or dividend details off Companies House.

Does seem a bit dear though. You should be looking for an all-in fee anyway that covers references and the such-like.

Comment

Priceless

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            The £100 breaks down as follows:

5 line letter: £5
            3 years of accountancy training and exams to put him in a position to write it: £95

The cheek of him asking that: Priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Or whoever is asking for it pays Companies House £15 for the same information?
              Nope.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I asked my accountant for a letter confirming my company income, salary and dividends which i need for my HSMP visa extension. He's asking for £100 for following 5 lines letter

April 2008.

Regards
                Ask yourself what would you charge, as an IT professional, for consulting services whereby you managed to fix a serious problem your client had, and due to your skills and experience, it took you only 10 minutes?

How much does your dentist charge you for a 10 minute consultation which relieves you of pain and discomfort?

If you want to be treated like a professional, I would think you should treat fellow professionals accordingly and not splutter at the sight of their bill.

Just my 2c.

Comment

Got a decent printer? Then just write your own letter. Make sure you use decent paper.

PS: If my dentist charged £95 for 10 minutes I'll clock him one!

Comment

Good to see such an interesting replies, i think i got the understanding how to deal accountant.

Comment

Working...
                    X