• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Pay Hub

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I'd love to, but the though of losing all the money I can claim back with my magic dispensation means that I'd be worse off through this one
    What a wise man you are
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

What a lenient spam policy this site has. Someone with Posts = 1 tells you he's going to use a new service that will make you money, but you have to pay someone else 5% to get in. Hmm, this time it might be genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        What a lenient spam policy this site has. Someone with Posts = 1 tells you he's going to use a new service that will make you money, but you have to pay someone else 5% to get in. Hmm, this time it might be genuine.
        Oh, you cynic!

I think that as a spamming exercise, it's failed somewhat (apart from now having another link), given the responses to the original post.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Missing the point

Hi there,

Everyone's situation is different and as I work as a commercial artist some expenses as new brushes, paints, canvases, frames etc are not covered. I charge a day rate for my time for commissions but I still have to write off stuff that is not client billable - a paint brush might last 10 jobs or one depending... My accountant says these things are stationary and I am only allowed to include paper and pens to about no more than £35 per week - not £125 on one brush!

So the pay hub seems ideal for these kind of situations.

The question I have is to with whether these are honest enough to pay me when the money hits their account or whether they are fly by night morons who are going to disappear when a nice tidy sum is in there account.

I could be putting through an invoice for £7,000 for a painting I sold that has about 2k worth of expenses and get bugger all back.

Anybody actually used them?

Comment

Ok then....

So I contract on a day rate for all my digital stuff which I do mostly on client site and write off the usual costs, travel, sustance etc. (they also allow me up to £35 per month for stationary -thought it was per week but checked and its per month)....

but then I get an order for an art piece and have to use paints, canvas, brushes, materials etc and this can add up to £2000 for a piece or series I might charge £7k for. Now since a lot of the materials will have been bought on spec say 6 months before or sourced from various places and used across serveral jobs some times....

I also do sample art on spec and of course some stuff is just practice and all that eats up materials as well as higher software costs.

Non of the umbrella companies seem to deal with that very well. All they understand is time sheets and their scheme - which is 80% of my income but another 20% is one off invoices - no time sheet and direct expenses that match their scheme... and a stack of bills for £125 paintbrushes which I need to write off some how without waiting a year for the tax end.

S

Comment

Working...
            X