• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iraq

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I know someone who wanted to do it 3 years ago. He was offered something like a thousand pounds a day plus body guards and all expenses. My advice was don't be so f*****g stupid as his family especially his mother didn't want him coming back in a body bag! (I know his family better than him.)

Mind you they may presume you are British so not worth blowing up etc. this guy has a US accent.
    The problem is u cant turst any one. They tell you go there , with these local guards , they will protect you , you can never know who is going to steal your ass and ask all armies out in a week or they start cutting you piece by piece starting from the genitals.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I know someone who wanted to do it 3 years ago. He was offered something like a thousand pounds a day plus body guards and all expenses.
      £1000/day is not that great, surely.

£5k sounds more like it.

Comment

I had a call some time last year for a Security Director gig in Kabul. I told the guy it would need to be in the thousand of dollars a day region but they were paying $5-600/day!!

You can get more than that in Basingstoke...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Shirley you would want to go there simply for the experience?

Anyway, I read that the economy is picking up there - apparently the first ever Chinese restaurant to open in Iraq proves this.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

Anyway, I read that the economy is picking up there - apparently the first ever Chinese restaurant to open in Iraq proves this.
            Well you know chinese eat everything , with so many body parts around ... ( just kiddin )

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

Who's Shirley?

Comment

Working...
              X