• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a look at a site - a few questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a look at a site - a few questions

Somebody on here said to look at a site on Umbrella's

had a look and the one's that are advertising are the one's that are on top of the rankings here looks a bit suss to me.

Are the advertising companies going on a voting for themselves, because they have a general interest in the site?

Are the advertising companies advertising because they have a high ranking and want to back the site because of that?

I have a general interest in this as I need to find a company that has had a good history of service.
    Last edited by ferret; 21 January 2008, 15:08. Reason: Removed URL

Hey ItsCalledRex,

The site you linked to us a bit suss as far as we are concerned, it does not look independent to us...

Try looking at the umbrella companies on CUK and the comments on the board here and make your mind up from there is my suggestion.

To check service levels try giving them a call - first impressions count for a lot in my opinion.
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Hi ferret

Thanks for your responce, I took your advice and called Umbrella Supermarket, they stated to me and I quote "You can only submit one vote per IP address, if you vote again the last will be cancelled out, so no Umbrella companies can not vote more than once" I also asked about the advertising and the top of the ranking the responce was and I quote "If you think about it, why would someone advertise on a site that gave them a bad review?" so I am guessing that told me, still unsure!

Contractor Umbrella seems to be 'the Umbrella' on here and on there, but what I really need is people with them at the moment to inform me of their service.

Thanks

Comment

This is presuming then that no umbrella comanies know how to use open proxies, the use of dynamic IPs on dial up accounts etc to fudge listings.

If you want to see how independent umbrella supermarket is look at this post:
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...pensation.html

Any site owned by someone in the industry has the potential to be dodgy. This is my opinion, not that of CUK of course...
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Also, ignore any claims about expected income levels. The only variable that will affect that is their fee, since they all work to the same taxation laws.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsCalledRex View Post
            Hi ferret

Thanks for your responce, I took your advice and called Umbrella Supermarket, they stated to me and I quote "You can only submit one vote per IP address, if you vote again the last will be cancelled out, so no Umbrella companies can not vote more than once" I also asked about the advertising and the top of the ranking the responce was and I quote "If you think about it, why would someone advertise on a site that gave them a bad review?" so I am guessing that told me, still unsure!

Contractor Umbrella seems to be 'the Umbrella' on here and on there, but what I really need is people with them at the moment to inform me of their service.

Thanks
            I use Contractor Umbrella, I'm in no way affiliated with them, and I've never had anything less than excellent service. My account manager's really on the ball, she's been helpful when I've needed stuff for proof of income for the lease on a new property and when I've had contract issues with agencies she's chased more than I have. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

HTH
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
            X