• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC lose ir35 case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxima View Post
    Last post was : 17th January 2008, 11:24
    I am no Denny neither I am Jesus. Just irritated that most of you still dont get the real problem.
    It's Denny.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by maxima View Post
      These people a losers who refused to accept to be contractor (see below).
      Highly critical and unfair to classify them as "losers", if anything (especially if they give value for money) they are the next stage for contracting, growing for "one man band" doing one project at a time, to small company doing many projects at once. Your attitude smells like the one permies have for contractors

in my definition are under IR35
      And by Hectors definition as well, intensionally. But by Hectors definition everyone is under IR35 unless they are either an de-facto employee on PAYEE or have quite a few people working for them.

But what Hector wants is not nessarly what hector gets. If that was case everyone would give all their money to hector and then hector would decide what was minimum they needed to live on, give them that back and keep the rest. This is why the courts > Hector

I believe that 'contractors' are self-employed
      They are, but once again we are all limited instead of registered self employed because hector forced us to go that way. You try registering as self employed and then getting a single agency to take you on or a single company with access legal council to take you on.

You won't get far (I know because I tried years ago) because of the possible legal ramifications hector created for anyone using registered self employed persons

Really the simple fact is Hector would like everyone to be controlled, classified as employee and thus on PAYEE and feeling like the government is being nice with things like ISA's

If you are not a large company with lots of employees or one of those employees, aka Self employed, Entrepreneur, Contractor you are quite simply not very welcome in this country by the tax man

Comment

It seems from that that they often seek to apply the standard conditions of a company in taking on contractors when in fact, they do not always apply. I have more than once been taken on by a different route via contacts with different conditions, working part time due to other contracts etc. Essential to document all these things.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X