• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danbro Umbrella including Employers NI in Gross taxable?? How???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for that and I guess thats your way off saying I have'nt got a clue

Perhaps you can offer an explanation of the calculator

Danbro PAYE Umbrella illustration

Gross Weekly Income £937.5
    Weekly Expenses £18 ____________
    Gross Taxable Pay £919.5

Deductions
    Income Tax £153.01
    Employers NI £91.99
    Employee's NI £68.94
    Danbro Fee £18
    Total deductions £331.94
    Percentage Take Home 65

Comment

Originally posted by sidknows View Post

Gross Taxable Pay £919.5

Deductions
      Income Tax £153.01
      Employers NI £91.99
      Employee's NI £68.94
      Danbro Fee £18
      Total deductions £331.94
      Percentage Take Home 65
      At a rough guess somebodys other expenses happen to be equal to the s fees.

Comment

i deliberately did not input any expenses at all and this is the calculation that came out and the £18 is their weekly fee

Comment

Gross Taxable Pay £919.5

Deductions
          Income Tax £153.01
          Employers NI £91.99
          Employee's NI £68.94
          Danbro Fee £18
          Total deductions £331.94
          Percentage Take Home 65

It looks as though their fees are deducted from the gross - the balance being subject to tax and then also adding the fee to the PAYE deductions which effectively means that their fee is deducted from your gross pay twice. The figure is then added at the end to correct.

HTH
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

can they do this and do all umbrellas do this as it seems a bit weird?

is this allowed ?

Comment

i'm not really familiar with the umbrella company calculations ,so I just had a quick look at the danbro calculator out of curiousity

According to them the fees for their services are reimbursed to the contractor in full ie 18 a week charge is added back to the net pay

Am I missing something here ?
              The reimbursement isn't coming out of their funds, it's coming out of yours.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

all it means is that their fees are a tax-deductable expense - which is what any business woud do.
                Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
                  all it means is that their fees are a tax-deductable expense - which is what any business woud do.
                  I must admit to being surprised that a brolly believes it's fees to be tax deductible. Any idea on what basis they (in general) believe they are ?

I don't see it happens to pass wholly, necessarily and exclusively. I doubt they are on the prescribed list of "professional organizations" either.

Comment

Income
                    Expenses

Employers NI 94.18
                    Employees NI 62.06
                    Employee Tax 170.37
                    Total All Tax 326.62
                    Fees 19.95
                    Total Net Income 590.93

here's the calc from contractor umbrella with the same criteria -- no expenses
                    Small difference in fee of 1.95 and a lower take home pay by 14.63

Danbros' is higher i guess because of the double calc of the fees
                    Perhaphs lisa can clarify this fo us as to which is correct way as this was my query as to whether they can do it --

if it is correct why are contractor umbrella not doing as well as their contractors will take home more ?

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                      I must admit to being surprised that a brolly believes it's fees to be tax deductible. Any idea on what basis they (in general) believe they are ?

I don't see it happens to pass wholly, necessarily and exclusively. I doubt they are on the prescribed list of "professional organizations" either.
                      yes, I see your point.

I was thinking from a Ltd Co point of view that the accountancy fees are tax deductable, however with a brolly it shoulsn't work that way should it ?

It could be that "Danbro" the accountants are a seperate entity from "Danbro" the employer...
                      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                      X