• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Caught by IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught by IR35

If your contract means your caught be IR35 am I correct in thinking that creating your own Ltd company would be a false economy?

I base this on Accountant fees, Insurances, Company set-up fees etc. Whereas you just pay your brolley x amount and there is no savings as you would be paying PAYE in either set-up.

The only reason is if in the furture you get a new contract and are not caught but why not just wait till then?

Cheers
    M

Originally posted by Mr Maginka View Post
    If your contract means your caught be IR35 am I correct in thinking that creating your own Ltd company would be a false economy?

I base this on Accountant fees, Insurances, Company set-up fees etc. Whereas you just pay your brolley x amount and there is no savings as you would be paying PAYE in either set-up.

The only reason is if in the furture you get a new contract and are not caught but why not just wait till then?

Cheers
    M
    No - 5% of the invoice value can be offset against expenses, so you can still save over doing it through an umbrella.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      No - 5% of the invoice value can be offset against expenses, so you can still save over doing it through an umbrella.
      And you can also apply for Flat VAT Rate, potentially saving a few bobs
      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

and you will keep all the bank interest received, umbrella companies must a make a fortune out of this!

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI? View Post
          And you can also apply for Flat VAT Rate, potentially saving a few bobs
          This few bobs, actually covers my accountancy and insurance expenses.

Comment

Well there you go decision made... Ltd route!

Comment

Working...
            X