• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slight invoicing tally issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight invoicing tally issue

A few weeks back I submitted a timesheet for 37.5 hours (which was correct) but had left 0.5 hour off the total for one of the days. Such that if you added the total hours for the week from the day total it came out as 37.0 hours.

I missed this (teach me to rush) although I usually double-check and so did the client when he signed it. Agency paid my invoice in full for 37.5 hours. However a few weeks the client's account department did notice when paying the agency and took it up with agency without checking with me. The first I knew about it was the next time I received a remittance advice from the agency for a latter invoice with an "adjustment" for "overpay" on the other invoice.

I've spoken with the client and explained what happened (i.e. data entry c**k-up on my part) and they are happy to add an extra half an hour in somewhere but I now have a slight problem in how to invoice this as I've effectively already invoiced for the time but the agency has made the adjustment. I can't show an extra halfhour on a later timesheet/invoice as there will still be a discrepancy when I/my accoutant tallies everythign up.

Any suggestions on how I sort this mess out?
    Do what thou wilt

just invoice as usual and ask them to overpay you? then everything should balance at the end?

Comment

Credit the half hour on your invoice to the agency and re-invoice it.

Comment

If the client are ok with it then just book 37.5 hrs on a following week and leave
        earlier one day ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          A few weeks back I submitted a timesheet for 37.5 hours (which was correct) but had left 0.5 hour off the total for one of the days. Such that if you added the total hours for the week from the day total it came out as 37.0 hours.

I missed this (teach me to rush) although I usually double-check and so did the client when he signed it. Agency paid my invoice in full for 37.5 hours. However a few weeks the client's account department did notice when paying the agency and took it up with agency without checking with me. The first I knew about it was the next time I received a remittance advice from the agency for a latter invoice with an "adjustment" for "overpay" on the other invoice.

I've spoken with the client and explained what happened (i.e. data entry c**k-up on my part) and they are happy to add an extra half an hour in somewhere but I now have a slight problem in how to invoice this as I've effectively already invoiced for the time but the agency has made the adjustment. I can't show an extra halfhour on a later timesheet/invoice as there will still be a discrepancy when I/my accoutant tallies everythign up.

ask your accountant - thats what they get paid for.
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

Just send them a corrected timesheet and invoice with "correction" overlaid.

Comment

Working...
            X