• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor credit means I cant get business account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor credit means I cant get business account

Hi,

After years of running my small business (into the ground ), I have recently decided to repent and become an IT contractor. I have set up my Ltd co. However, I have poor personal credit from my previous life (50K owed on credit cards + defaults), and it appears that the high street banks wont let me set up a Business bank account .

I have 2 personal bank accounts, one of which has not been used for almost 2 years and could potentially be used for 'the business', but would the Agents pay into that?

Also, I have also seen various services on the net claiming to 'introduce' you to a UK business bank account for between a £40 - £370 fee. But I don't know if I can trust these services, as they all look dodgy.

My only other option is to go Umbrella, but I don't really want to do that, and certainly would not want to do it long term.

Any advice, gratefully received.

Sam

Working...
X