• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corp Short Return Again Error Or Is The Right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corp Short Return Again Error Or Is The Right

I was asked to produce accounts for peiriod 26 Mar 2006 to 30 Mar 2007, my accounts my accountant did reflect those dates. However the Corp short return that was done states the period to be 01 Apri 2006 to 30 March 2007. Would you expect them to round the date up on the short return from the 26 Mar 06 to 01 Apr 2006, or does it look like an error ?

A CT return can only cover a year. When I changed my company end date I had to send two, one covering a year and one about six weeks. Pain in the bum to apportion everything.

Maybe they don't think it worthwhile asking for a separate return for four days as it is unlikely to be significantly different. I would just send the return from 26 Mar 06 as planned and call it a return from 1st April and not worry about apportioning if I were you.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My first accounting period was shorter than a year.

Am I right in thinking that I wont do 2 as the year was less than a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        My first accounting period was shorter than a year.

Am I right in thinking that I wont do 2 as the year was less than a year?
        Mine was shorter than a year too (July to April).. Subsequent returns have all been normal (April 6th to April 5th)
        The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Working...
        X