• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying PAYE+NI to HMRC quarterly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying PAYE+NI to HMRC quarterly

I know you can make PAYE+NI payments quarterly to HMRC if your total payment will be less that £1,500 per month. This is most of us I assume.

But accounts office shipley seem to be permanently engaged (have been trying for three days to get through ) so how do you request this? I was told by one PAYE helpline that you are automatically setup on 3 months and that there is an error in the printed material but someone else on the same helpline said no you are setup on monthly and need to fill out a form to get changed to quarterly.

Anyone know what the form is? Anyone been able to move to quarterly, if so how did you do it?

Cheers ,
    Lewis

I got my accountant to do it...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
      I got my accountant to do it...

Comment

You don't need to request it.

All new businesses are automatically set up for quarterly payment and it actually works the other way around, they change it manually either if you don't pay and they assess or estimate what is due after the first quarter or at the end of your first year when they have processed your P35.

If you are a director-only company you also used to be able to reqest annual payment status, although this may have changed in recent years.

Don't ring the Accounts Offices to do this, and don't bother with the helplines either. Ring the Employers Section at your local office (you can find out who this is off the HMRC website by looking at the ref number, the first 3 letters of your PAYE reference denote your district so for example if my ref is 123/XY45678 123 will be the code for the office that holds my employers record.)

You might get the odd computer-generated reminder but as long as you are making your payments by the quarterly due dates (July, Oct, Jan, April) the Debt Management people will not get involved.

Comment

Working...
        X