• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Loan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Loan?

I am trying to get a company loan, but have found a better offer if I get a personal loan instead.

would there be a problem in getting a personal loan for say £10k and lending it to the company to buy computer, office equipment etc...

would the company have to pay me interest on top of the monthly payment?

any help appreciated

NAA but there is no problem with you loaning the company money, just make sure it's documented so nice taxman does not come along later and assume it's income. You can also pay yourself a highish commercial rate of interest (I don't know what highish means in figures either, currently trying to find out) however, as it would be taxable at whatever your highest tax rate is that may not be worthwhile. Best to draw up a proper agreement if you do.

Comment

Working...
    X