• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing down - capital distribution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing down - capital distribution

I have about 10k in my business acount, so im thinking capital distribution would save me more money if I was to close the company.

can i do this myself? if so, whats steps do i need to take and how long is the whole process.

is it worth it? or shall i just take dividends. I will be a higher rate tax payer.

Is it really 10K? Have you paid the final VAT and PAYE accounts, what about your accountants final bill, what about corporation tax, have you lots of valuable assets in the company? Are you going to be a higher rate taxpayer in the current fiscal year?

Seek professional advice, they may charge the earth but it is worth it.

Can you post up the reply you get from your accountant as some people never want to pay for information

Comment

esc c.16

Inland revenue extra statuary concession c.16

You have to make a comitment to pay debts etc, and you get to take the cash as a distribution - speak to your tax office

Comment

Re: esc c.16

Good bit of free advertising their Buck, now I wonder what your next question and answer will be to advertise you know who.:rollin :rollin :rollin

Comment

Strangely enough he doesn't have any links to "you know who" in his profile.

Comment

Re: esc c.16

all these conspiracy theories :lol :lol :lol

get colombo on the case

Comment

well Fiddle = Peter Falk - about the same height and age.

Comment

Working...
              X