• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online filing - IR incentives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re:Time

I don't have a hidden agenda, I don't even think I have an agenda.

I have no Axe to grind with SJD, to date I have found them nothing but efficient, courteous and extremely helpful, however for them to try and charge me £125 VAT for this little task, is a tad upsetting for me.

Harry are you giving us the full SP on this one? You only have five posts to your name, are you just trying to create trouble, or are you Buck under a different ID?
    NOPE I am Harry

Have you spoken to an Accountants manager at SJD about this charge?
    Nope not as of yet

No other SJD client has mentioned this additional charge of £125, why are you the only one to be charged this and complain about it?
    Maybe other SJD clients have been charged this and happily paid, I don't recall anyone stating categorically that SJD have not charged them for this service.

Comment

Re: Re:Time

I think you have a hidden agenda and certain people are now trying to capitalise on this!
      No @#%$ Sherlock

I think we had better watch robot as he appears to be a particularly commercially aware individual and with this degree of insight will go far :rollin

Comment

Re:Fees

Does anyone know if any other accountants charge for this "service". If SJD aren't the only ones then it's hardly fair to criticise them.

Comment

Re: Re:Fees

Darren at 1st Accountancy Serv Ltd
          Regular
          (12/3/04 9:05 am)
          Reply Filing fee
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Quite correct Brewster, should be free!
          Presumably from this reply Darren doesn't.

Our accountant confirmed they would be filing online and there was no mention of any fee. Will confirm that shortly.

We always advise that people evaluate all the facilities together with the cost and decide which offers the best deal for them personally. That is prescisely what Rhino and I did for ourselves - if we find better value we will swap to it ourselves and offer that service to others.

Comment

PAYE

Hi Fiddle, just popped in to say hello whilst I have 5 minutes during this busy time of the year! :rolleyes

Quite correct, we don't charge for this service.

I'm not aware of who does or doesn't I just took the decision not to charge as thought it was part of the service we provide....maybe I've missed the boat on this one and should be charging, blast!! >:

Comment

Re: PAYE

To me it just sounds like greed.

If ours reply that they will be charging you may be getting a couple of new customers (providing the rest of what you offer is as good naturally).

Comment

You also need to ask whether your accountants are passing on the cash incentive for online filing.

Comment

> You also need to ask whether your accountants are passing on the cash incentive for online filing.

The company gets it not the accountant.

This is serious money though - 8,000 clients = a cool £million in the bank just for the first hit and maybe the fee would be repeated each year?

Comment

PAYE

Cheers Fiddle....looks like am missing out!! >:

Comment

Hi Darren

Yes, if you charged your clients £125 each, you would clear a cool £1000 :lol

Comment

Working...
                      X