• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anyone at Contractor UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyone at Contractor UK?

I have a few questions about the Cater Allen Bank Application Form, as featured on CUK, and so e-mailed [email protected] (as mentioned on this website). Every attempt to e-mail this address results in a failure notice:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at
    p15173355.pureserver.info. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver
    your message to the following addresses. This is a
    permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
    This address no longer accepts mail.

So, I e-mailed [email protected] about this problem a week ago, but no reply.

Does anyone actually work behind the scenes at Contractor UK? I'm reluctant to post the Cater Allen Bank Application Form (together with a fat cheque) to what looks like a black hole.

Hi TheNewOrder,

Thank you for letting us know about this problem. We had a major server outage a month or two back and, due to the amount of spam we get, I took the opportunity to black hole unknown addresses when I changed server.

I was not aware that the info@ was used anywhere, hence your bounced message.

I have amended the Bank Account page to show a working address now.

You should have received a reply from tech@ - my colleague who maintains this address has replied to a backlog of mails this morning so if you have not had a reply yet please send your query again and it will be answered promptly.

Kind Regards

Hedley
    Contractor UK

Comment

This is word for word the same message that my crap hosters have bounced my company's emails back with in the past due to their mail problems. It really pissed me off, what about "Please notify faults to... or Please try again later?" Whoever came up with that message in the host software should be shot.

Comment

Hi Hedley,

Thank you for dealing with the problem so quickly. I did get my answers from [email protected].

Comment

Hi TheNewOrder,

I am glad we managed to get that little glitch sorted - I will now follow Xog's advice and read up on Qmail error messages to see if I cannot make it a little more user friendly!

Kind Regards

Hedley
          ContractorUK

Comment

Working...
          X