• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advertising

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
    Several of their management team are regulated by ICAEW and CIMA. They're also part of FCSA. The firm itself is not regulated by one of the accountancy bodies, purely by the FCSA. So reporting could be to HMRC, FCSA and the regulatory body of the guy who recommended the OP to alleged tax avoidance scheme. Could also take this up with the directors of the main DNS practice and advise them that one of their franchisees is promoting/facilitating which also leaves them exposed to prosecution.
    Thanks, that's what I thought. But HMRC are not really bothered, they regard paying the "correct tax" as a purely personal responsibility. And that is largely why the more unethical accountants can get away with this kind of stuff, typically. The "film schemes" have been doing the rounds again recently too, I notice.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Correct. It seems a standard part of the lobotomisation. Any concerns I aired about the Bookson tie up were dismissed as "hearsay". And any request regarding any financial kick backs are, of course, "confidential".
      Blimey, do we have to go through this again? If anyone has evidence of malpractice, then send it to the office. Unsubstantiated whinges from non-customers are not going to cut the mustard.

In this case I have PMed the OP and invited them to email me some evidence - if and when they do I will gladly pass on. Until then we do not know if we're talking about the same firm, or whether OP has got the wrong end of the stick.

At the moment it is just an anonymous post on a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Blimey, do we have to go through this again? If anyone has evidence of malpractice, then send it to the office. Unsubstantiated whinges from non-customers are not going to cut the mustard.

In this case I have PMed the OP and invited them to email me some evidence - if and when they do I will gladly pass on. Until then we do not know if we're talking about the same firm, or whether OP has got the wrong end of the stick.

At the moment it is just an anonymous post on a forum.
        Yes, that's all part of the same issue. You don't clear up the s**t, then the smell tends to linger a long while. (At least for those with memory of more than a nano second).
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

As has been said and largely ignored - DNS are selling a franchise. The core business seems perfectly fine, but the franchisees can do whatever they like however they like. If we don't know precisely who is giving the bad and marginally illegal advice we can't really do a lot.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            As has been said and largely ignored - DNS are selling a franchise. The core business seems perfectly fine, but the franchisees can do whatever they like however they like. If we don't know precisely who is giving the bad and marginally illegal advice we can't really do a lot.
            Who is we in this case? MS and TF are IPSE directors - I may disagree with their view point but I can at least see where they are coming from. I don't even think you are a CC member anymore...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Who is we in this case? MS and TF are IPSE directors - I may disagree with their view point but I can at least see where they are coming from. I don't even think you are a CC member anymore...
              We are contractors I thought. Nobody mentioned IPSE.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                We are contractors I thought. Nobody mentioned IPSE.
                That's how I read it.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

WOW. You guys really go in deep.

To newbies, the accountancy side of things can be complicated. Appreciate your responses and likely to switch accountants based on the advice. And the youtube clips!

Comment

Working...
                  X