• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Exemption First Year

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Exemption First Year

Hello Friends,

I am company secretary and looking for advantages that HMRC offers to business in their first year of trading. I know that on VAT new business is charged 1% less,

Any other similar benefits that you can think of.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Amrit, your accountant should be able to help you out with VAT, corporation tax, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

+1 ask your accountant. If you don’t have an accountant pick one of the ones who post on here join them and then ask them

From your post you clearly don’t know enough to do things correctly so don’t try to do things yourself.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AmritSktulipij View Post
        I know that on VAT new business is charged 1% less,
        Only if you're on the flat rate scheme. Whether you should do that is more complex than just 1% extra profit. It depends on the type of business and how much you will be spending on items that have VAT added.

As others have said, and more will say, you need an accountant before you make the wrong decisions.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You can find more information on VAT here.

VAT and the Flat Rate scheme :: Contractor UK
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by AmritSktulipij View Post
            Hello Friends,

I am company secretary and looking for advantages that HMRC offers to business in their first year of trading. I know that on VAT new business is charged 1% less,

Any other similar benefits that you can think of.

Thanks in advance.
            Why, are you starting a new company having paid yourself redundancy and closed the old one? Please do not use multiple accounts to post on the forum, this account has now been locked so log in with your original account if you want to carry on posting on here.

Comment

Working...
            X