• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receipts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes mate, keep your receipts. If you are VAT reg'd you will need the actual receipts to claim the VAT back and if you have an investigation of any kind they won't go deeper if your records are slick.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Yes mate, keep your receipts. If you are VAT reg'd you will need the actual receipts to claim the VAT back and if you have an investigation of any kind they won't go deeper if your records are slick.
      I'm on the flat rate scheme so hopefully it doesn't have an impact on that front.

I'll have to have a chat with an accountant on how this impacts allowable business expenses / need to pay the money back via my personal account =( glad I stumbled across this thread either way. Got an envelope packed for Monday to start collecting those train tickets! Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X