IR35 Forum - July minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Posts 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    10,288
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    208
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    May I suggest you go back and re-read what James actually said over at the IPSE forums - I don't want to correct you on a public forum. Equally I suspect the problem may be less obvious in London / some departments than it is in say Longbenton.

    But you know what people say about assumptions - on things like this we really shouldn't be making assumptions and should be pressing the point until we get an explicit confirmation...
    So why are you debating the point on here, may I ask? Take this discussion where it belongs and we can discuss it properly. Come to that, the point about who was at the table was raised earlier and answered.

    Or are you saying that with your extensive knowledge of HMRC operations, the various offices are taking no notice of what Head Office is telling them? In which case there is a whole other argument to be raised...
    Blog? What blog...?

  2. #42
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,173
    Thanks (Given)
    235
    Thanks (Received)
    1161
    Likes (Given)
    1028
    Likes (Received)
    3463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    So why are you debating the point on here, may I ask? Take this discussion where it belongs and we can discuss it properly. Come to that, the point about who was at the table was raised earlier and answered.

    Or are you saying that with your extensive knowledge of HMRC operations, the various offices are taking no notice of what Head Office is telling them? In which case there is a whole other argument to be raised...
    Reverse that last sentence and I suspect you are nearer the truth....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #43

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    10
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default

    A company I have worked for in the past used agency workers for manufacturing 'inside' the union forced them to convert them after 2 years to perm. Not sure if they just terminated them at 23 months I guess not otherwise they would have gone out on strike.
    If/when this rolls out industry will be having kittens. My mind says they'd have to be stupid to even try but my heart says they will because 'HMRC'. Their will certainly be a few less conservative voters.

    Didn't realise ipse had a forum and I'm a member!

  4. #44

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,277
    Thanks (Given)
    137
    Thanks (Received)
    1360
    Likes (Given)
    1732
    Likes (Received)
    5827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poorautojobber View Post
    A company I have worked for in the past used agency workers for manufacturing 'inside' the union forced them to convert them after 2 years to perm. Not sure if they just terminated them at 23 months I guess not otherwise they would have gone out on strike.
    If/when this rolls out industry will be having kittens. My mind says they'd have to be stupid to even try but my heart says they will because 'HMRC'. Their will certainly be a few less conservative voters.

    Didn't realise ipse had a forum and I'm a member!
    Sounds more like they were on FTCs or something rather than B2B contracts like ours could be a different kettle of fish.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 11th October 2017 at 07:20.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  5. #45

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    24,707
    Thanks (Given)
    798
    Thanks (Received)
    1351
    Likes (Given)
    6194
    Likes (Received)
    4838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poorautojobber View Post

    Didn't realise ipse had a forum and I'm a member!
    Log into the IPSE website, then go to 'community' on your dashboard.

  6. #46

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,015
    Thanks (Given)
    372
    Thanks (Received)
    1267
    Likes (Given)
    3628
    Likes (Received)
    3152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Log into the IPSE website, then go to 'community' on your dashboard.
    Or go direct to http://community.ipse.co.uk
    Best Forum Advisor, 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.