• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax code 269L

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax code 269L

On my most recent payslip from my accountant my tax code has changed to 269L - giving me a tax free allowance of £2690....

This is a big drop from previous years - has anyone else had this?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    On my most recent payslip from my accountant my tax code has changed to 269L - giving me a tax free allowance of £2690....

This is a big drop from previous years - has anyone else had this?
    It's possibly karma, mine has gone up to 2150L, so yours is just to keep the universe in balance
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It's possibly karma, mine has gone up to 2150L, so yours is just to keep the universe in balance
      I just called them and it's 'pay as you go' BIK for my shiny company car.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I just called them and it's 'pay as you go' BIK for my shiny company car.
        You bought a new shiny car through your company and didnt anticipate a big BIK bill!?

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
          You bought a new shiny car through your company and didnt anticipate a big BIK bill!?
          Yes - after I'd filled out a tax return about this time next year. Not as I go along taken through my tax code. It would have been nice if they'd at least asked me if I wanted to do it that way.

Comment

There's a box you tick (or untick, can't remember which way round) on your SAR about whether you want tax due to be collected via PAYE or not. Looks like you didn't check this

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              There's a box you tick (or untick, can't remember which way round) on your SAR about whether you want tax due to be collected via PAYE or not. Looks like you didn't check this
              I haven't filled out an SAR or anything since getting the car. My accountants have though...

Comment

I haven't filled out an SAR or anything since getting the car. My accountants have though...
                Did you check it or just assumed it was correct because you'd paid someone?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Did you check it or just assumed it was correct because you'd paid someone?
                  Check what? I haven't seen nor heard nor smelt any form of any kind from my accountant. It went like this:

I get car
                  I tell accountant
                  I receive payslip with new tax code
                  I phone HMRC
                  They tell me I'm on PAYG BIK

Again I haven't seen any forms of any kind since taking out the car agreement. Any form filling has been done by accountant without any input from me.

Comment

was the car on your P11d?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X