• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recovering lost funds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recovering lost funds

Hello, a few months ago I closed down my ltd company and carried on working as a CIS Registered sole trader. When I switched to a sole trader I carried on using my LTD company's business bank account for wages etc, but now that has been shut down by my bank and the remaining funds in the bank were transferred to The Treasury Solicitor.
    How do I reclaim these funds?
    Thanks.

Hi there, you probably need to speak to your accountant about this.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Hi there, you probably need to speak to your accountant about this.
      Hello is it possible to to get the funds back or are they lost?

P.S I no longer have an accountant

Comment

I do not currently have an accountant, so has anyone got any advice on how to proceed with this?
        Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by contract66 View Post
          Hello is it possible to to get the funds back or are they lost?

P.S I no longer have an accountant
          Depends. Your new favourite words are Bona Vacantia and, sadly, they don't translate to nice holiday

See here.

As WTFH suggests, you'd do well to get some expert advice.

Comment

AIUI, you'd need to restore the company and then apply to get the funds back.

Start here - https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ies-guidelines and https://www.gov.uk/restore-dissolved-company

Once the company has been restored, you need form RA15 to apply to have the funds transferred back to the company and then distribute them properly. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-fo...e-register-cb4
            Last edited by TheFaQQer; 13 September 2017, 18:31.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by contract66 View Post
              I do not currently have an accountant, so has anyone got any advice on how to proceed with this?
              Thanks very much.
              If your ex accountant was still with you and aware of what you were doing, and they didn't advise you correctly then perhaps contact them. It may be that you were let down by them and there may be some recourse. It's the next place I'd go before trying to find a new professional adviser.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

How much money was lost? I think you're typically looking at a few hundred quid, plus admin aggro to try to get the company reinstated. Plus then potentially late filing penalties for things that would have needed to be done had the company not been struck off.

If there was less than a grand, my view would be write it off to experience. If there was more than that, yeah, probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
                X