• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP drawdown after lump sum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIPP drawdown after lump sum

Good evening,

What are the rules regarding taking money out of your SIPP after the 25% tax free lump sum? If it's invested in funds etc can you just withdraw as much as you want whenever you want and it's taxed as income?

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Good evening,

What are the rules regarding taking money out of your SIPP after the 25% tax free lump sum? If it's invested in funds etc can you just withdraw as much as you want whenever you want and it's taxed as income?
    Yes
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Yes
      Thanks mate.

Comment

https://www.hl.co.uk/partners/search/drawdown-guide

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Yes
          +1. You may care to consider the consequences for further contributions to your SIPP if you draw down income as well as taking the 25% lump sum.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            +1. You may care to consider the consequences for further contributions to your SIPP if you draw down income as well as taking the 25% lump sum.
            I don't plan to, just considering putting all excess cash into it as Im getting good returns and want to compound it longterm. But wanted to know if I would be forced to buy an annuity or could drawdown as I please.

Comment

Google not working in your neck of the woods?
              Last edited by northernladuk; 29 August 2017, 22:55.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                I don't plan to, just considering putting all excess cash into it as Im getting good returns and want to compound it longterm. But wanted to know if I would be forced to buy an annuity or could drawdown as I please.
                Fine then, you'll have no problems. HMG rules are quite draconian around future contributions if you draw income, even GBP 1 from your SIPP. Taking the tax free lump sum, however, is fine.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                X