• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment agent non payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    The new one I can understand, if the old one has been wound up then surely there isn't an issue?
    From the OP: -
    I got a lawyer involved and we started winding up proceedings against the company.
    The recruiter tried various stalling tactics to delay this and eventually filed for liquidation themselves.

As the date of the winding up proceedings got close the lawyer advised that the recruiter had no money left so it was very unlikely that winding up proceedings would gain me any money back, and advised it may be worth withdrawing the proceedings, which I decided to do to save me further costs.

-----------------------------------------------------
    So the original company is not wound up.

The OP really needs to discuss this with the lawyer. Though they will just be throwing more money away.

The OP needs to listen to eek.....

Comment

Originally posted by pagrate View Post
      Just to be clear, they haven't been wound up as they have no money left so it wasn't worth me proceeding with that
      And they didn't go through with their own liquidation so they are sort of in limbo now, probably hoping someone pays to wind them up.
      How do you know they have no money left?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        How do you know they have no money left?
        The lawyer did an audit and I was advised they had no money left in the company

Comment

How much have you spent on the lawyer so far?

Comment

If there's no money left, but the company still exists, and hasn't been wound by anyone that suggests that it's paid its tax bill (as HMRC often issue winding orders).
            If the company does exist and owes you money and your lawyer suggested there's no point pursuing then I'm still not sure what you can do.

The debt collection agency suggestion is the best. If they won't touch it then you should give up.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              How much have you spent on the lawyer so far?
              It was 1950 to start the winding up proceedings but because I withdrew this I get 1500 of this back

Comment

So, you claim you are owed £16,000, but you only spent £450 trying to get that back?
                If you don't want to spend money with lawyers, then go to a debt collection agency.
                If you want to spend money on lawyers, you're going to have to prepare yourself for 5 figure sums, which you may or may not get back if it goes to court.

We don't have a magic way of getting the money, you need a debt collection agency (who will take a %, but do the work for you) or a lawyer (who will charge up front and you might not get the money back)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Debt Collection agency who has frequently posted on here is Safer Collections. They will tell you when to give up.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Debt Collection agency who has frequently posted on here is Safer Collections. They will tell you when to give up.
                    Thanks I contacted Safer Collections via their web site so will see what they say.

The only time I can give up is when they pay me the money I am owed
                    I will do everything to get this back and ruin them professionally and will even go after the idiots in the government who have laws which allow this nonsense to go on

Comment

Thanks I contacted Safer Collections via their web site so will see what they say.

The only time I can give up is when they pay me the money I am owed
                      I will do everything to get this back and ruin them professionally and will even go after the idiots in the government who have laws which allow this nonsense to go on

You can't even name them on here!

Have you gone round to the directors house and posted maggots and fish heads through their letterbox at 3am?

Comment

Working...
                      X