• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company funds question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the extra info, sounds to me like MVL is the best option for you.

Personally I'd disagree with Cirrus's final bit of advice (at least the threat part). Let's say they don't give you the info you're looking for, so you sack them. Then what? You're likely left with a situation of a company you don't want to do much more, but there's a few loose ends to tie up before it'd be ready for most of the low cost liquidation firms out there. That situation isn't a particularly appealing prospect for another accountant to take on, as:
    - they'll still need to do all the red tape admin stuff of onboarding a client,
    - they'll want to understand a bit of the history and future, to ensure they agree it's a good idea and there's not some possible little extra bit of info not mentioned here that might make the plan daft. If they're the one who ends up holding your hand through it, it's likely you'd try to hold them responsible if it all went Pete Tong.
    - but...you'll likely not want to pay them much as from your perspective you feel they're only doing a teeny tidy up exercise.

My view - by all means get a few other opinions from the internet, as you've sort of got 66% pro liquidation (33% jointly owns a liquidator firm), and 33% pro keeping the company ticking along. If you decide to go for liquidation, get your existing accountant to help with the company tidy up bits (see top half of the "How we work" tab on MVL Online website if you want an idea of the kind of tasks I'm talking about). If you decide to keep the company and dribble income over multiple years, then perhaps it makes sense to either switch to the cheapest firm you can find to hopefully do the basics (but unlikely offer much beyond), or learn how to DIY.

Comment

Working...
    X