• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My accountant.!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    That sentence alone tells me you shouldn't be doing it by yourself. Learning how to do your own accounting on a free internet forum. What could go wrong?

Find yourself an accountant that is willing to suspend rates for bench time, or at least reduce them. Plenty do.
    I talked to my accountant and he agreed to reduce cost to half during bench period. I should have done this bit earlier. thanks guys.

Comment

I am with one of the top contractor account paying £100+ every month for the last 2+ years. Things were great in the beginning after many changes in handlers (I suppose my case handed over to more inexperienced resources) now I am finding too many mistakes from them. Every number I query come back with an apology and correction!
      Sounds like what I'm going through. They keep making really basic errors that make £1000's difference to the dividend.

I've had enough of them and tempted to change accountant. Is there any particular time that it's easier/safer to make the switch?
      e.g. is it easier if done while out of contract, or easier if you're just at the start of a new company year?

Comment

Originally posted by PTP View Post
        Sounds like what I'm going through. They keep making really basic errors that make £1000's difference to the dividend.

I've had enough of them and tempted to change accountant. Is there any particular time that it's easier/safer to make the switch?
        e.g. is it easier if done while out of contract, or easier if you're just at the start of a new company year?
        The end of the company year so the same company will do the returns for you as well. You can start the new guys with a clean slate. Some may charge you to do it early and some horrible little scroats will try and get out of doing it at all so be pretty firm.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The end of the company year so the same company will do the returns for you as well. You can start the new guys with a clean slate. Some may charge you to do it early and some horrible little scroats will try and get out of doing it at all so be pretty firm.
          Or mid year and get the new accountant to do it all for you, so that they are running with as much data as they can and they can get all the authorisation codes through from HMRC to be your agent quickly. Once they do that, the old accountant can't file things for you anyway.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Or mid year and get the new accountant to do it all for you, so that they are running with as much data as they can and they can get all the authorisation codes through from HMRC to be your agent quickly. Once they do that, the old accountant can't file things for you anyway.
            The new accountant will charge him or that though won't he as he hasn't paid the first full year of engagement?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The new accountant will charge him or that though won't he as he hasn't paid the first full year of engagement?
              Mine didn't, with either time I've changed.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                You never have to charge for a spreadsheet
                Spreadsheets are just soooo yesterday though aren't they...
                P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Accountant needed

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Please change to my firm
                  What are your terms?

Comment

Originally posted by dvaidr View Post
                    What are your terms?
                    Feck knows.

Sometimes when I post on here I end up quoting random posts and not the post I intended on quoting.

Other times autocorrect takes over.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Feck knows.

Sometimes when I post on here I end up quoting random posts and not the post I intended on quoting.

Other times GIN takes over.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X