+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Posts 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: My accountant.!

  1. #21

    Fingers like lightning

    Darren_Test's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    668
    Thanks (Given)
    7
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    That sentence alone tells me you shouldn't be doing it by yourself. Learning how to do your own accounting on a free internet forum. What could go wrong?

    Find yourself an accountant that is willing to suspend rates for bench time, or at least reduce them. Plenty do.
    I talked to my accountant and he agreed to reduce cost to half during bench period. I should have done this bit earlier. thanks guys.

  2. #22
    PTP
    PTP is offline

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    223
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    5
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    I am with one of the top contractor account paying £100+ every month for the last 2+ years. Things were great in the beginning after many changes in handlers (I suppose my case handed over to more inexperienced resources) now I am finding too many mistakes from them. Every number I query come back with an apology and correction!
    Sounds like what I'm going through. They keep making really basic errors that make £1000's difference to the dividend.

    I've had enough of them and tempted to change accountant. Is there any particular time that it's easier/safer to make the switch?
    e.g. is it easier if done while out of contract, or easier if you're just at the start of a new company year?

  3. #23

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    32,818
    Thanks (Given)
    132
    Thanks (Received)
    1287
    Likes (Given)
    1684
    Likes (Received)
    5694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PTP View Post
    Sounds like what I'm going through. They keep making really basic errors that make £1000's difference to the dividend.

    I've had enough of them and tempted to change accountant. Is there any particular time that it's easier/safer to make the switch?
    e.g. is it easier if done while out of contract, or easier if you're just at the start of a new company year?
    The end of the company year so the same company will do the returns for you as well. You can start the new guys with a clean slate. Some may charge you to do it early and some horrible little scroats will try and get out of doing it at all so be pretty firm.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #24

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,838
    Thanks (Given)
    369
    Thanks (Received)
    1233
    Likes (Given)
    3564
    Likes (Received)
    3088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    The end of the company year so the same company will do the returns for you as well. You can start the new guys with a clean slate. Some may charge you to do it early and some horrible little scroats will try and get out of doing it at all so be pretty firm.
    Or mid year and get the new accountant to do it all for you, so that they are running with as much data as they can and they can get all the authorisation codes through from HMRC to be your agent quickly. Once they do that, the old accountant can't file things for you anyway.
    Best Forum Advisor, 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  5. #25

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    32,818
    Thanks (Given)
    132
    Thanks (Received)
    1287
    Likes (Given)
    1684
    Likes (Received)
    5694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Or mid year and get the new accountant to do it all for you, so that they are running with as much data as they can and they can get all the authorisation codes through from HMRC to be your agent quickly. Once they do that, the old accountant can't file things for you anyway.
    The new accountant will charge him or that though won't he as he hasn't paid the first full year of engagement?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #26

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,838
    Thanks (Given)
    369
    Thanks (Received)
    1233
    Likes (Given)
    3564
    Likes (Received)
    3088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    The new accountant will charge him or that though won't he as he hasn't paid the first full year of engagement?
    Mine didn't, with either time I've changed.
    Best Forum Advisor, 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  7. #27

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    440
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You never have to charge for a spreadsheet
    Spreadsheets are just soooo yesterday though aren't they...

  8. #28

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Accountant needed

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Please change to my firm
    What are your terms?

  9. #29

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    26,328
    Thanks (Given)
    1138
    Thanks (Received)
    936
    Likes (Given)
    4265
    Likes (Received)
    3778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvaidr View Post
    What are your terms?
    Feck knows.

    Sometimes when I post on here I end up quoting random posts and not the post I intended on quoting.

    Other times autocorrect takes over.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  10. #30

    More time posting than coding

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    unseen university
    Posts
    360
    Thanks (Given)
    64
    Thanks (Received)
    30
    Likes (Given)
    159
    Likes (Received)
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Feck knows.

    Sometimes when I post on here I end up quoting random posts and not the post I intended on quoting.

    Other times GIN takes over.
    FTFY

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.