• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank to receive euro payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank to receive euro payments

Please don't flame me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I've looked at so many threads and I'm losing my mind

If someone can help I really appreciate it.
    I'm contracted out in Belgium, the company who contracted me out stated they will only pay me in euros.
    I opened a mycashplus business account but they tell me they won't accept euro payments from a bank in UK so from that point of view I'm stuffed.
    The company have paid me in sterling for a month but are insistent I get a bank to accept euro payments.
    I had a ccj against me for a silly council tax non payment so I guess I wont get a normal business account with a normal bank so my accountant tells me.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so can you advise me as what I can do because if I don't get something sorted asap then I will basically have to return to the UK and look for work elsewhere.
    I've not been able to get any solid advice so I'm reaching out here.

Help is greatly appreciated

You can open euro account with transferwise. That would be the best option for you.

https://transferwise.com/borderless?source=publicNavbar

Comment

CaterAllen will give you a sterling account and a euro one. I used to get paid into the euro account.

Of course, getting into sterling is the thing. Transferring to sterling was a well crap rate. It was cheaper to pay a bacs fee and use someone like transferwise.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Revolut now do a business account. £25 a month gets you bank interchange rates....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have a crap credit rating and need to accept international transfers for some freelance work I'm doing.

I opened a Business Everyday Saver account with Santander. There's no credit check because it's a savings account and I'm able to accept international transfers. I was able to open it instantly over the phone.
          Business Everyday Saver | Business Banking - Santander UK

I haven't got an international payment yet so can't comment about the exchange rate yet.

Comment

You need to talk to your bank because normally it shouldn't be a problem to transfer foreign currency payments. You should have an IBAN account number. The company shouldn't have to make Sterling transfers they should be able to transfer Euros directly and your bank will then carry out an FX conversion.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 July 2017, 10:03.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Revolut have a free Euro bank account if you have a card with them - took about 30 seconds to open mine yesterday.

Not sure what the payment limits are, but it might be worth a look.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X