• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors Loan to Buy another business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors Loan to Buy another business

Hi all

I was wondering if you can help me.

I have recently began discussions with a view to buying another business, its still early stages as I go through the due diligence however I'm beginning to think about the finance side of the transaction.

Whilst I could potentially afford this out of my own personal savings it would be a stretch and leave me with little contingency for day to day eventualities, therefore I've began thinking of alternative ways to fund the transaction.

I currently have funds within my company therefore I was considering whether a directors loan may be a feasible way to do this.

Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of the timescales for this? Is this something which can bridge accounting years, or does it need paying back before year end?

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

Have you seen this thread? http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...oan-query.html

Note especially post #2.

Comment

Second company

If the loan is to fund a business acquisition, you may want to consider setting up a second company and loaning it funds from your contracting company.

Comment

Working...
      X