• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did I miss something on Entrepreneurs Relief?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tinfed View Post
    I suppose I'm just wondering whether or not the relief was originally intended to benefit people in cases such as mine (where I'll be packing up shop to leave UK)?

I've read some people believe HMRC will soon crack down on ER in future, not sure what they are basing their concerns upon, and whether these are centred around changes to anti-pheonixing rules, or more broadly to one person ltd co's in general?
    Who knows?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Does this sound like an open and shut case, or am I one of the ones in HMRC's sights for future changes to wind up relief?
      Under the current legislation and guidance, given the limited information here, I would think that you would be OK to close down and claim ER.

However lots can change in future budgets, and I'm a little surprised that Number 11 hasn't looked at ER more closely again.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I suppose I'm just wondering whether or not the relief was originally intended to benefit people in cases such as mine (where I'll be packing up shop to leave UK)?

I've read some people believe HMRC will soon crack down on ER in future, not sure what they are basing their concerns upon, and whether these are centred around changes to anti-pheonixing rules, or more broadly to one person ltd co's in general?
        I think you'll be fine. I work closely with MVL's and you've lined this relief up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          However lots can change in future budgets, and I'm a little surprised that Number 11 hasn't looked at ER more closely again.
          They almost certainly have.

Somewhere between being 'open for business' and 'we need more money as we can't cut anything further' there's a line.
          I think that ER is just too close to the former.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X