• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract terminated without reason

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up until 24 months an employee has very few rights. However, notice will need to be given and honoured.

Enforcing that could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      We are talking about a new poster who probably doesn't understand that much - all he saw was work and he didn't look that closely at the details.

Its also why I think NLUK is unfair in stating that the OP only gave half the story. He wrote done what he thought was relevant - it was only his lack of knowledge that meant he gave us half the story.

Andy Hallett has however answered the question - if the OP is on PAYE the terms of his contract will need to be met...
      Thanks eek, you're absolutely right. My knowledge of contracting is very limited, I was just looking for a bit of advice as I've always had perm roles in the past. Thankful for the advice I've received.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Up until 24 months an employee has very few rights. However, notice will need to be given and honoured.

Enforcing that could be fun.
        Yes but even in a permie job after 6 months if an employer says you're crap we're getting rid of you theres not a lot you can do about it.

Worked as perm once for company who couldnt be arsed to do redundancies properly. Made up crap about 4-5 people and said off you go. If you sign this compromise we'll give you "some" money. Nothing you can do about it ultimately.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

After 8 months it's not because of your performance that they terminated your contract. If your agency claim performance issues probably they are not going to contract you again. If you are "burned" to them, contract a lawyer and "burn" them too and claim the notice period and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            After 8 months it's not because of your performance that they terminated your contract.
            The two are not necessarily linked.

Comment

Working...
            X