• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Div tax 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Div tax 2018

I know the tax free limit on divs is currently £5k, and had heard next year it was intended to reduce to £2k, courtesy of Hammond, but thought this had been shelved?
    Can anyone confirm if it IS only £2k next year which will be tax free? Cheers.
    Clarity is everything

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    I know the tax free limit on divs is currently £5k, and had heard next year it was intended to reduce to £2k, courtesy of Hammond, but thought this had been shelved?
    Can anyone confirm if it IS only £2k next year which will be tax free? Cheers.
    Too early to say, most likely it will come back in Autumn (proper Budget now), perhaps in much worse form.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Too early to say, most likely it will come back in Autumn (proper Budget now), perhaps in much worse form.
      Cheers, but it came up via a finance site which stated that it was going to change. I thought, "this article must be out of date?", so searched others via 'goog' but it was re-stated elsewhere.
      Obv could be a case of all of them not updating things so thought I'd check the 'oracle' [CUK].
      Clarity is everything

Comment

It's definitely shelved for now - it didn't make the finance bill. But as AtW says, its likely to come up in the Budget again in Autumn.

Comment

Working...
        X