• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How does \ should client determine a role is out of scope for IR35 determination?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've just completed an assessment and ESS still says "HMRC will stand by the result given unless a compliance check finds the information provided isn't accurate." at the end of it (version 1.5.0-final)
    Cheers for that, a sane voice in the wilderness. That is the very reason I would use the tool in this particular circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
      Oh god. You're so anal it is unbelievable. So unbelievable Im amazed you 'won' the site award for the most helpful poster or something years ago. You are really anything but helpful. How you escape censure from the mods is also amazing given the amount of grief you give out to people here.
      Cheers for that, a sane voice in the wilderness. That is the very reason I would use the tool in this particular circumstance.
      That's the difference between "CUK Personality" and "Best Forum Advisor"
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Oh god. You're so anal it is unbelievable. So unbelievable Im amazed you 'won' the site award for the most helpful poster or something years ago. You are really anything but helpful. How you escape censure from the mods is also amazing given the amount of grief you give out to people here.

In the absence of anything in writing from the client yes, I would use a 'flawed' employment tool since even the 'flawed' tool would show HMRC some attempt was made in determining status if the worst came about. IR35 still applies in the Private Sector you numpty.

You might think 'Im worrying,' I call it due care and dilligence. It is what contractors should do.

The lack of SC may 'do me,' it may not since the client has already got passed that by calling an interview. Where is it based? WTF has that got to do with anything, desparate for a job are we?

Oh, other than that,thanks for you help.Not.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I was a tad surprised as well believe me. I most certainly don't escape the censure of the mods, that's for sure.

In the absence of anything in writing from the client yes, I would use a 'flawed' employment tool since even the 'flawed' tool would show HMRC some attempt was made in determining status if the worst came about. IR35 still applies in the Private Sector you numpty.
          How can you fill it in when you have only been approached. You don't even know if the client is PS or private let alone whether they'll accept subs etc.
          You might think 'Im worrying,' I call it due care and dilligence. It is what contractors should do.
          Not a problem with that but you do diligence in facts and you don't have any yet. It's just to early. At least find out who the client is, maybe even get to interview and when you've got some info you can do your diligence. Just guessing at an approach isn't the best use of time IMO.

The lack of SC may 'do me,' it may not since the client has already got past that by calling an interview. Where is it based? WTF has that got to do with anything, desparate for a job are we?
          Hmm. You were making some quite good points up until this point. Knowing the location gives you a good idea of who the client is. Isnt that part of due diligence?

Oh, other than that,thanks for you help.Not.
          Boy, talk about taking it far too personally lol...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I was a tad surprised as well believe me. I most certainly don't escape the censure of the mods, that's for sure.

How can you fill it in when you have only been approached. You don't even know if the client is PS or private let alone whether they'll accept subs etc.

Not a problem with that but you do diligence in facts and you don't have any yet. It's just to early. At least find out who the client is, maybe even get to interview and when you've got some info you can do your diligence. Just guessing at an approach isn't the best use of time IMO.

Hmm. You were making some quite good points up until this point. Knowing the location gives you a good idea of who the client is. Isnt that part of due diligence?

Boy, talk about taking it far too personally lol...
            Oh do be quiet, you insufferable troll.

Comment

Oh do be quiet, you insufferable troll.
              Yep, that'll get you all the help you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                Yep, that'll get you all the help you need.
                Thankfully my accountants are again finalists for the BIBAs in both use of IT and professional business of the Year to go with their other awards such as North West Finance Award winners.

Comment

Thankfully my accountants are again finalists for the BIBAs in both use of IT and professional business of the Year to go with their other awards such as North West Finance Award winners.
                  And?

Comment

If your accountants are so good, why did you need to come on here with your poor attitude, why didn't you just ask them?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      If your accountants are so good, why did you need to come on here with your poor attitude, why didn't you just ask them?
                      Because IR35 has nothing to do with accountants?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X