Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Posts 21 to 23 of 23

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by le3ky View Post
    So what would you class me as? I get a monthly salary from my ltd as well as dividends. But I have no employment contract?
    I am in a similar situation. Director of my limited company and restricted by my work visa to be only a self-employed person. I am applying to get NI number 10th time now, and they keep rejecting me, telling me that I am an employee (not a self-employed person) being a director and getting paid from my own company (which are dividends and salaries). I will appeal their recent refusal using the gov.uk's page shared here, stating that I am director but not an employee of my own company..

eek

bored now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will wait for Stek to appear but it sounds like you are abusing your tier 1 visa if you are working or trying to work as a contractor...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Double Godlike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aposto View Post
    I am in a similar situation. Director of my limited company and restricted by my work visa to be only a self-employed person. I am applying to get NI number 10th time now, and they keep rejecting me, telling me that I am an employee (not a self-employed person) being a director and getting paid from my own company (which are dividends and salaries). I will appeal their recent refusal using the gov.uk's page shared here, stating that I am director but not an employee of my own company..
    Thereís no uk visa that restricts you like that. A2 nationals used to be but thatís gone now.

Otherwise itís;

Tier 1 General, any kind of work for anyone.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur, start business but not via agent or intermediary, ie contracting.

Tier 2 General, employed only by sponsor, 5 years for ILR

Tier 2 ICT, employee only, no ILR

Tier 5, lots of different subtypes but generally any work, does not lead directly to settlement.

Also be aware UKVI confuse one man companies with self-employed, and consider you such for visa purposes.

Are you Romanian, Bulgarian or Turkish?