• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any recent experience with Yorkshire Bank Business accounts...??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recent experience with Yorkshire Bank Business accounts...??

All,

Am in the process to change my business account from Barclays Business as not worth paying fees...Been with them 3 years...

Yorkshire Bank seems to be very tempting with below offer..???? Looks like offer open for established business as well as new.

is there any better Offer by anyone else..????? (I read old posts about option including Cater Allen.) Keen on some business accounts pays some interest as well

That means no monthly account fee or service charges for 25 months on; Direct Debit and other automated transactions, cash deposits and withdrawals (paid in, paid out or exchanged up to a limit of £250,000 per annum).

To qualify, you must be a start-up business opening your first account, or an established business, with a turnover of less than £2 million, looking to switch banks.

You are going to be lucky with the interest rate. I thought Santander was one of the leaders and it's only giving 0.1% or something awful. Better to open an Aldermore account and move spare money to that. Interest isn't really a differentiator for business accounts.

I'm with Santander and they've been pretty bloody good in the 8 years I've been with them. I'm being charged but it does everything as it should so won't be moving just for the couple of quid I'm charged.

Start-up Business Bank & Current Account – Santander UK | Santander UK

No idea about Yorkshire bank but I wouldn't be going somewhere I don't know just for 7 months extra free banking at the prices they charge.

P.S. You want someone from Yorkshire looking after your money? Good luck trying to pry it back out of their cold dead hands.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Dunno if you use Freeagent but apparently they do support the feed but interestingly they are not offered as a 'popular' option as you can see in the link below which would may also sway my decision.

https://www.freeagent.com/support/kb...up-bank-feeds/
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

FWIW, I'm with Cater Allen, recommended by this site, and free so long as I have a minimum £5k in the account.

Never had a problem with them, though their website is a bit old.

+1 for Aldermore for ok rates for any spare company cash, esp if you can afford to leave it for a while, and don't have anything better or more adventurous to do with it (eg withdrawing and going into higher rate and investing it or whatever)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You are going to be lucky with the interest rate. I thought Santander was one of the leaders and it's only giving 0.1% or something awful. Better to open an Aldermore account and move spare money to that. Interest isn't really a differentiator for business accounts.

I'm with Santander and they've been pretty bloody good in the 8 years I've been with them. I'm being charged but it does everything as it should so won't be moving just for the couple of quid I'm charged.

Start-up Business Bank & Current Account – Santander UK | Santander UK

No idea about Yorkshire bank but I wouldn't be going somewhere I don't know just for 7 months extra free banking at the prices they charge.

P.S. You want someone from Yorkshire looking after your money? Good luck trying to pry it back out of their cold dead hands.
          No income (bench'd) so reducing cost!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            FWIW, I'm with Cater Allen, recommended by this site, and free so long as I have a minimum £5k in the account.

Never had a problem with them, though their website is a bit old.

+1 for Aldermore for ok rates for any spare company cash, esp if you can afford to leave it for a while, and don't have anything better or more adventurous to do with it (eg withdrawing and going into higher rate and investing it or whatever)
            This +1.

17 years with Cater Allen and bloody good TBF (for me).
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Cater Allen is Santander. The same call centre operators who answer as Cater Allen when you phone them also take Santander's calls. I worked in a large regional Santander office where they took the calls and on the first day they showed me around.

They operators where mainly under 30's and sat in banks (pun!) of 6 desks. The caller software directed calls to operators who were not already on a call or break and identified the incoming call as Santander or Cater Allen from the number dialed.

I used to use Cater Allen years ago but they introduced some changes and a clunky front end so switched to HSBC who were doing a good deal at the time.

Comment

Aldermore's savings rates for Easy Access accounts are going down though - only 0.5% for new accounts these days, not exactly the 1% they were offering last year.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                  All,

Am in the process to change my business account from Barclays Business as not worth paying fees...Been with them 3 years...

Yorkshire Bank seems to be very tempting with below offer..???? Looks like offer open for established business as well as new.

is there any better Offer by anyone else..????? (I read old posts about option including Cater Allen.) Keen on some business accounts pays some interest as well

That means no monthly account fee or service charges for 25 months on; Direct Debit and other automated transactions, cash deposits and withdrawals (paid in, paid out or exchanged up to a limit of £250,000 per annum).

To qualify, you must be a start-up business opening your first account, or an established business, with a turnover of less than £2 million, looking to switch banks.
                  MetroBank might be another alternative.
                  You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    Aldermore's savings rates for Easy Access accounts are going down though - only 0.5% for new accounts these days, not exactly the 1% they were offering last year.
                    I'm currently using Kent Relliance business savings (instant access) 0.9% currently.

Savings account rates - ISAs - Bonds at Kent Reliance

Comment

Working...
                    X