• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Insurance

Hi guys,

qdos has recently reviewed my contract and after few days I received this email.

"We recently completed an IR35 review of your contract, and whilst this is the first step to seeking assurances around your IR35 position, having a tax protection policy in place takes it one step further; giving you the support of an expert to handle your defence should you have an enquiry."

I am contracting since last 3 years and no enquiry from HMRC but wanted to make sure I am safe in case they enquire anything related to IR35. I am working in private sector and my question is, is it worth having IR35 insurance in place? If yes which supplier do you recommend?

Thanks

Join IPSE, read their guides (and the ones on this site, come to that!) and stop worrying. There's a lot more to life than IR35.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I had a recent QDOS review of my first contract and it sailed through IR35 analysis and I've not had that follow up mail. Not that I'd bother as I have IPSE+ membership.

Out of interest, what was their synopsis of your contract review. Just thinking that they may be trying to upsell those with a marginal pass on IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by ifti12 View Post
        I am working in private sector and my question is, is it worth having IR35 insurance in place? If yes which supplier do you recommend?
        It is always worth having a professional available to deal with any HMRC enquiry that you may have - many cases that are lost happen because someone tries to deal with HMRC without fully understanding the consequences of what they are saying and only realise too late what has happened.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Join IPSE, read their guides (and the ones on this site, come to that!) and stop worrying. There's a lot more to life than IR35.
          ^^ This. No matter what you think of IPSE you can't beat the cover for peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            ^^ This. No matter what you think of IPSE you can't beat the cover for peace of mind.
            You can make the money back on the Advantages offers let alone the Business Interruption and other features as well. Not bad for 250 quid odd.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X