• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Specific Free Agent questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    Hmm - I don't seem to have that option - it seems to be pushing me towards creating a project and timeslips and then invoicing from that ?
    If you go into 'Work' and then 'Invoices'. You can then add your invoices. Once you have got past the first screen, this will show the draft invoice.

You can then click 'Add Invoice Item' where you will be able to enter the quantity, days, description and day rate in the unit price.

There is then a tick box underneath that says 'Add this to your Price List' and it will remember it for next time.

If you are just adding one line, click 'Create and Finish'.

HTH.
    We're all ears!

Comment

Hmm - I don't seem to have that option - it seems to be pushing me towards creating a project and timeslips and then invoicing from that ?
      Have you asked your accountant?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil@Intouch View Post
        If you go onto work > invoicing > add new invoice > select the contact and add the date and invoice reference > create new invoice at the bottom > add invoice item and follow the steps as per the previous message.
        ahah. thanks for that - didn't realise you could add details once 'create new invoice' had been clicked. liking it even more now. thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have you asked your accountant?
          haha - you're my 'go to guy' for FA queries.

Comment

haha - you're my 'go to guy' for FA queries.
            You are so screwed
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
              Ooh, I didn't know you could split the transactions, I've been using a journal entry to transfer 243 from salary to childcare vouchers...
              I still can't work out how to do this! Just added another journal entry (which is easy enough)

Comment

P.S. this should become a sticky imho

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
                  I still can't work out how to do this! Just added another journal entry (which is easy enough)
                  You need to go to the bank payment that you want to split.

Then click on 'more options'. This will allow you to then overtype the amount. For example, if the payment was £1,000 in total, you wanted to take out £243 for childcare, then you'd change the bank payment to £243, choose childcare costs and explain transaction.

The remaining £757 will then show up on the bank section as an 'unexplained' transaction for you to explain.

HTH
                  We're all ears!

Comment

Excellent, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X