• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Specific Free Agent questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Blimey, so there is. We should have pointed that out to the OP earlier... Like in post 4
    No one ever reads the 4th post in a thread, tend to be shoddy. Now the 3rd post, that's where the quality posting usually happens..

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      This is not quit true.

I use Barclays and they have a data feed specifically for this kind of thing. I don't give my log in details, just added the account and then I got some communication from Barclays asking me to authorise it (can't remember the exact process, think I had an authorisation code sent in the post).

It's a read only feed.
      I agree, that's the problem with generalising in a forum answer for brevity!
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
        The third party is Yodlee. They've been around for ages, they are the de facto standard for bank integration, and they have an extremely strong reputation for security. They are not a fly-by-night organisation. (I have no connection with FreeAgent or Yodlee.)
        Nobody said they were such. What I said is true and I also said it is entirely your choice. I prefer to not make that choice.

You loose money from your account for ANY reason and the bank will refuse the claim because you compromised your account deliberately. It matters not a jot how the account gets compromised. The banks are very clear on this. Give your security details to ANYONE and NO claim for loss will be considered.

Again, your choice, feel free to do as you wish.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          This is not quit true.

I use Barclays and they have a data feed specifically for this kind of thing. I don't give my log in details, just added the account and then I got some communication from Barclays asking me to authorise it (can't remember the exact process, think I had an authorisation code sent in the post).

It's a read only feed.
          Yep, Barclay's at least support a feed into Free agent without having to give ANY login information.
          Just takes a few clicks and a phone call to Barclay's to setup.
          [ Freeagent referral code 453w85c4 for 10% discount]
          I personally wouldn't be to worried if the feed did require your login details, but it is probably worth checking the small print with your particular bank.

In this day and age, with so many apps that can use banking feeds, banks really should sort out read only feeds like Barclay's have.

Comment

Our company is just moving from SJD spreadsheets to FreeAgent at the moment - we are in a 2 month parallel run to the end of company year.
            They do a webinar each week for new people that you can sign up to - even if you are not signed up to FreeAgent itself.
            They also provide both phone and email support before you join up - we asked quite a few questions before we moved, as well as a couple after.
            So far our experience is good, it simplifies a lot of stuff that we were doing and gets them all in 1 place rather than an invoice system, payroll, and the spreadsheet. As of year end we intend to move fully across to FreeAgent. Don't think we've told our accountant yet though

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              I can't find any answers to these questions and am probably going to move from SJD so any help from the FA experts on here will be gratefully received:

1. Is VAT really one click ?

2. P11d - currently I fill out a questionnaire online and submit - is there a similar function in FA ?

3. Share split - I have a share split between myself and my wife - can FA deal with this when doing SA and the P11d ?

4. I don't have to give access to my business account to anyone do I ?
              If you haven't seen already, do sign up for a free demo. I did and ran a 'dummy ' month to get a feel for the everyday stuff

Comment

So I've switched.

Is there a way to generate a 5 day invoice i.e. 5 days @ XXX with the VAT amount etc on it ?

Comment

So I've switched.

Is there a way to generate a 5 day invoice i.e. 5 days @ XXX with the VAT amount etc on it ?
                  Yes you can, when adding the invoice line, after selecting the date and client, you would change the quantity to 5, with the unit as days, then add the description i.e. 'Week ended 19/05/2017' and in the unit box at the bottom put the day rate. Final step will be to select 20% VAT, and then this can then be saved to your price list for adding this quicker next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil@Intouch View Post
                    Yes you can, when adding the invoice line, after selecting the date and client, you would change the quantity to 5, with the unit as days, then add the description i.e. 'Week ended 19/05/2017' and in the unit box at the bottom put the day rate. Final step will be to select 20% VAT, and then this can then be saved to your price list for adding this quicker next time.
                    Hmm - I don't seem to have that option - it seems to be pushing me towards creating a project and timeslips and then invoicing from that ?

Comment

Hmm - I don't seem to have that option - it seems to be pushing me towards creating a project and timeslips and then invoicing from that ?
                      If you go onto work > invoicing > add new invoice > select the contact and add the date and invoice reference > create new invoice at the bottom > add invoice item and follow the steps as per the previous message.

Comment

Working...
                      X