• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy Online Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=radish2008;2418764]

So if you take the free trial, and then sign up top an accountant that wraps FA into their package do you get to use the same account ?

[\QUOTE]

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post

So if you take the free trial, and then sign up top an accountant that wraps FA into their package do you get to use the same account ?

Also - anyone have any experience of Dynamo in Leeds ?
      Yes, the trial account could be moved straight across to the accountant as Alan says. The accountant would make a request to FA who would then confirm directly with the account holder for security purposes. Whole process is very quick depending on the response time of the account holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
        Thanks, but the spreadsheet is not bad enough that replacing it is enough to overcome my inertia.
        Fine, I guess it depends on a) How much you value your time. b) How much you can potentially save each month going elsewhere compared to your spready accountant. c) How much value you place on knowing exactly in real time what your assets and liabilities are in your business and d) How much value you place on being able to switch accountants quickly, cheaply, easily and with no loss of data or continuity. Entirely your choice of course.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Just noticed the SJD re-brand and with it a new price structure

Maybe to align with the ClearSky merger?

Got to say the "Contact Us" menu button is a little annoying on the row below!
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 25 August 2021, 17:23.

Comment

Recommend Clare Wilson at Gorilla, I switched from SJD because the prices just kept going up and I know I have very simple accounts. Inertia and thinking it would be grief kept me at SJD.

They handled all the information transfer, I hate paperwork but freeagent is manageable once you get your head round, imports all your bank details etc just have to explain the odd one.

Always good at reminding me to do stuff and very quick response to queries.
            If you want the accounts stuff and don't need detailed financial help, they are a good shout and 30 notes a month is better in your account than someone elses.

Comment

Just in the process of switching to FA now - I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                Just in the process of switching to FA now - I'm pretty impressed with it so far.
                I don't know anyone who wasn't impressed to be honest.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

SJD - Too many mistakes, too expensive, too many changes in accountants (the good ones never stick around for long) and very poor customer service.

Avoid !!!

Comment

Different service levels are usually a way of extracting more cash from their clients, especially newbies who are more nervous. If the basic package doesn't cover what you want then I'd go to an accountant who does provide what you want. Never underestimate the power of agencies in directing their candidates to accountants who reward them.

If an agency is really keen on a particular accountant I'd steer clear and ask a friend or existing contractor.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X