• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile - Personal or Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
    Is that one... per year? Per the lifetime of the company? As many as you want as long as you only keep one at a time?
    with HMRC I would suspect it's either all or none of the above. TBH for a tax saving on £15 a month I already can't be arsed and I'm still washing my eyes out from reading the Gov guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
      with HMRC I would suspect it's either all or none of the above. TBH for a tax saving on £15 a month I already can't be arsed and I'm still washing my eyes out from reading the Gov guidance.
      You were suppose to read it when you had difficultly sleeping.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You were suppose to read it when you had difficultly sleeping.
        Haha - very true. Very complicated and full of contradictions.

Comment

Haha - very true. Very complicated and full of contradictions.
          Not quite - there contradictions won't be direct contradictions they will each just clarify one particular circumstance... The end result however is as you say something very complicated with things that appear to (but not quite) contradict themselves -
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Not quite - there contradictions won't be direct contradictions they will each just clarify one particular circumstance... The end result however is as you say something very complicated with things that appear to (but not quite) contradict themselves -
            Indeed. Very well put.

Comment

Your company is exempt if:

you provide your employee with only one mobile phone or SIM card

that would be most of us I guess.
              But not if you arrange the contract (its in your name) and YourCo pays the supplier.

It's all to do with the pecuniary liability principle:

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-man...anual/eim00580

Comment

gosh, this thread is still going strong.

btw thanks for the help so far !

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X