• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile - Personal or Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha

the reason I asked was because my accountant advised that I can claim mobile phone expenses if it is for dual use and also have CT relief on value excl VAT.

Should I rephrase :P

Comment

Originally posted by konsultant View Post
      haha

the reason I asked was because my accountant advised that I can claim mobile phone expenses if it is for dual use and also have CT relief on value excl VAT.

Well you can but the contract must be in your companies name and can't be a personal contract...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by konsultant View Post
        haha

How many times do you want an answer?

The SIM contract must be in the company's name and paid for by the company.

If you find your accountant difficult to understand then get a new one.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just sorted out a £13 + VAT deal on my business sim. Unlimited calls and texts and 12GB data

And yes it's in the companies name

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Well you can but the contract must be in your companies name and can't be a personal contract...
            I don't think this is true. I asked my accountant and she said that HMRC would never question a non business contract being claimed. I don't actually claim mine as it's tuppence a month.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              I don't think this is true. I asked my accountant and she said that HMRC would never question a non business contract being claimed. I don't actually claim mine as it's tuppence a month.
              Read this linky

If it isn't in the name of the company you have to screw around with P11ds and NI.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't actually claim mine as it's tuppence a month.
                That's probably the bottom line for most with rates being so low nowadays. I think some people don't fully understand the actual savings involved.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Read this linky

If it isn't in the name of the company you have to screw around with P11ds and NI.
                  Your company is exempt if:

you provide your employee with only one mobile phone or SIM card

that would be most of us I guess.

Comment

Your company is exempt if:

you provide your employee with only one mobile phone or SIM card
                    Is that one... per year? Per the lifetime of the company? As many as you want as long as you only keep one at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                      Is that one... per year? Per the lifetime of the company? As many as you want as long as you only keep one at a time?
                      Aren't they all the same thing ultimately?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X