• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best salary for 2017/18

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Which would be valid as his accountant told him something and he didn't question it
    I'm questioning it now?

Comment

Salaries

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
      If you are the sole employee through your company, I'd recommend £8,164 per annum, then dividends thereafter.

If there are two employees through your company, I'd recommend one on a salary of £11,500 and the other on £8,170 per annum. As this way, you can take advantage of the Employment Allowance. Then take dividends thereafter.

However it does depend on your personal circumstances; future plans, any other personal income, etc.

The above is just general guidance.
      Agree with Louisa, always worth discussing with your accountant to come up with a tailored strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        That isn't the optimal salary.
        Nixon Williams are saying £8,160 is.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          Nixon Williams are saying £8,160 is.
          That might be as they have rounded the figure down, so it's a simple £680 per month, rather than including the pennies too.

We're all ears!

Comment

Put £8164 and £8165 into here... The Salary Calculator - Take-Home tax calculator

I'm doing a round £680 as above though

Comment

This seems pretty basic in terms of what an accountant should be telling you... So my advice is probably to get a new accountant tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by le3ky View Post
                This seems pretty basic in terms of what an accountant should be telling you... So my advice is probably to get a new accountant tbh...
                The ones who answered on here would be a place to start looking....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
                  Last year I paid myself 11k salary and NI was about £31 a month.

Accountant is telling me this year the same salary will be about £62 a month due to a change in NI rules.

I found an article here that says a lower salary means no NI at all.

Optimum Directors Salary and Dividends 2017/18 - JF Financial : Online Accountants

Advice please?

And northernlad, don't post in this thread unless you have something helpful to say, cheers.
                  34 posts and hes already got the basics....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
                    It is according to the link I posted
                    Suit yourself if that's what you're happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Suit yourself if that's what you're happy with.
                      What do you think it is?

Comment

Working...
                      X