• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Childcare - paying when not getting salary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childcare - paying when not getting salary

Having recently done the whole ltd/salary/divs thing latest gig is inside IR35. So forced down the umbrella route.

Ltd is still going but no income/salary etc.

In this case, am I still allowed to pay childcare for myself from company? I guess I'm now employed by the umbrella but couldnt it be said I'm still a director and employee of ltd (albeit no salary).
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Having recently done the whole ltd/salary/divs thing latest gig is inside IR35. So forced down the umbrella route.

Ltd is still going but no income/salary etc.

In this case, am I still allowed to pay childcare for myself from company? I guess I'm now employed by the umbrella but couldnt it be said I'm still a director and employee of ltd (albeit no salary).
    Have you asked your childcare provider?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Have you asked your childcare provider?
      Whats it got to do with them? They don't care how it gets paid....

Comment

Whats it got to do with them? They don't care how it gets paid....
        Have you asked your umbrella company?

Comment

Have you asked your umbrella company?
          Read my original post. I want to (continue) to pay from ltd co funds.

Comment

Read my original post. I want to (continue) to pay from ltd co funds.
            Hmmm. In that case, I'm fresh out of ideas for who you could ask. Best of luck sorting it out.

Comment

You can pay yourself the amount of tax free childcare help you're entitled to out of your limited as a salary provided you're still doing some work to keep it going. You're almost certainly no longer entitled to £243 a month though.

Comment

Hmmm. In that case, I'm fresh out of ideas for who you could ask. Best of luck sorting it out.
                His accountant?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
                  You can pay yourself the amount of tax free childcare help you're entitled to out of your limited as a salary provided you're still doing some work to keep it going. You're almost certainly no longer entitled to £243 a month though.
                  Hmmm. What are the rules though?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    His accountant?
                    Of course! Why didn't I think of that myself!! It's a question about how to make payment from the Ltd, so it's the accountant you ask!!! I feel so foolish!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X