• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour Planning to Increase Corporation Tax to 26%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour Planning to Increase Corporation Tax to 26%

Has this been posted yet?

Jeremy Corbyn plans to hike corporation tax to 26% | Daily Mail Online

Surely a killer for anyone still considering voting labour?

Originally posted by pjt View Post

I don't think it's something we will need to worry about

Comment

In short Corbyn wants the retail and hospitality sectors to go bankrupt.

If you don't know what I mean I'm referring to the increase in business rates pushed in by Osbourne.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

More aimed at the big boys.

He added: 'When it comes to small business, the backbone of our economy, a Labour government will restore small profits rates and make only a modest increase.'
        He said labour will 'slowly' raise corporation tax on larger businesses by the end of the next parliament.

Read more: Jeremy Corbyn plans to hike corporation tax to 26% | Daily Mail Online
        Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          In short Corbyn wants the retail and hospitality sectors to go bankrupt.

If you don't know what I mean I'm referring to the increase in business rates pushed in by Osbourne.
          This doesn't apply to us at all. As the cuts don't apply to us. And why would it cost labour votes ? Corp Tax was reduced as a Tory favour to business to encourage investment after the crash. We now have a strong and stable economy don't we so we can expect them to start paying their fair share. I'm also waiting for VAT to go back down to 17.5%.

Shouldn't this also be in General ?

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
            Fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              More aimed at the big boys.
              For Big Boys corp tax is optional.

Comment

For big business. Basically a reintroduction of the small companies rate (which they intend to raise to 21% IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
                  Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                  Fully agree.
                  Yes....but. Once the idea gains traction it can be implemented by the Tories without fuss (see utilities price caps)

It seems every party except the Tories is eyeing hikes in CT for their pet projects. Won't take too much to force their hands into cancelling the cut to 17%....putting the 19% rate back up to 20%... it sounds sort of 'fair', doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    For big business. Basically a reintroduction of the small companies rate (which they intend to raise to 21% IIRC).
                    They won't pay it.

You make taxes high people and organisations work out how to not pay it spawning another industry.

Make them slightly lower and only a few e.g. US organisations bother.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X