• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour Planning to Increase Corporation Tax to 26%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cons will carry on as before, changing the manifesto so that they can carry out the "tax raid" on the self employed that Hammond had to back down from last budget.

Nothing will get us back to the old days.

Labour? Well the decision is really:

Which Liar manufactures the most credible lies.

My money is on Labour being much more honest because Corbyn is basically honest.

Comment

I find this hilarious actually. I'm impressed that Comrade Corbyn actually knows the current rate of corporation tax.

Who else remembers former shadow chancellor Alan Johnson, before the 2010 election he was on Radio 4 telling John Humphrys that corporation tax was too low and that he was gong to raise it. But Mr Humphrys, naturally, asked him how high he would raise it to. When he didn't answer the question, Mr Humphrys asked Mr Johnson if he knew what the then present rate of corporation tax actually was. He didn't know! Shortly after that he resigned. No friggin' wonder eh?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I find this hilarious actually. I'm impressed that Comrade Corbyn actually knows the current rate of corporation tax.

Who else remembers former shadow chancellor Alan Johnson, before the 2010 election he was on Radio 4 telling John Humphrys that corporation tax was too low and that he was gong to raise it. But Mr Humphrys, naturally, asked him how high he would raise it to. When he didn't answer the question, Mr Humphrys asked Mr Johnson if he knew what the then present rate of corporation tax actually was. He didn't know! Shortly after that he resigned. No friggin' wonder eh?
        Diane Abbott hasn't resigned. . Then again Komrade Korbyn won't have a shadow cabinet if she does.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...sto-after-leak

Page 6

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Diane Abbott hasn't resigned. . Then again Komrade Korbyn won't have a shadow cabinet if she does.
            Yes, but she's so thick, understanding the subtleties of public life is beyond her intellect (IMO).
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Then page 7 re Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                Has this been posted yet?

Jeremy Corbyn plans to hike corporation tax to 26% | Daily Mail Online

Surely a killer for anyone still considering voting labour?

The Leaked manifesto seems like a game changer, if you want to do very little and be rewarded then its seems like Labour is the obvious choice. Inevitably that comes with future generations picking up most of the tab

Comment

I read this as they want to lose very badly, by alienating every type of Labour voter out there (except full blown communists).
                  This will shield Labour from the massive political fallout that Brexit is. Only after can they re-emerge, like phoenix and the saviour of the British nation...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    Yes, but she's so thick, understanding the subtleties of public life is beyond her intellect (IMO).
                    Couldn't agree more. Her Brexit no show was embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                      I read this as they want to lose very badly, by alienating every type of Labour voter out there (except full blown communists).
                      This will shield Labour from the massive political fallout that Brexit is. Only after can they re-emerge, like phoenix and the saviour of the British nation...
                      With Tony Bliar at the helm

Comment

Working...
                      X