• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airbnb question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbnb question

I rented an Airbnb place for a month between houses, and now the council are chasing me for unpaid Council Tax for that month on that property, surely CT is included in the Airbnb rate?

Any ideas?

Agreed. I thought all bills were included in the AirBNB rate, at least that's what happened when I stayed in one in Oz for a month or so.

If you rented in London, might be worth pointing the host at this doc:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/articl...united-kingdom

and asking him/her whether they've applied for the relevant planning restriction waiver.....

What does the e-contract you signed say? </NLUK>
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Do you know what type of rental contract you had? Did it include other bills like electricity, gas and water?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Airbnb question

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Do you know what type of rental contract you had? Did it include other bills like electricity, gas and water?
        Everything included, utilities, cleaner, bed sheets replaced etc, just like a hotel.

Was exactly the same as other Airbnb's I've had, the only difference is I told the council I'd moved out of previous place and this was an airbnb for a few weeks until new house was ready (different council).

Digging out my emails etc now for the battle tmrw...

Certainly this was no lease etc, click, click, pay just like a hotel...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Everything included, utilities, cleaner, bed sheets replaced etc, just like a hotel.

Was exactly the same as other Airbnb's I've had, the only difference is I told the council I'd moved out of previous place and this was an airbnb for a few weeks until new house was ready (different council).

Digging out my emails etc now for the battle tmrw...

Certainly this was no lease etc, click, click, pay just like a hotel...
          The mistake you made was giving the council the airbnb's address instead of a relations.

Sounds like the owner of it is up to no good e.g. not paying council tax so they are going after you instead.

Comment

The mistake you made was giving the council the airbnb's address instead of a relations.

Sounds like the owner of it is up to no good e.g. not paying council tax so they are going after you instead.
            Contacted council, they just don't understand Airbnb, but they've agreed with me in the end, provided I get confirmation from the Airbnb host that CT is covered, and he's given me that so hopefully all good....

Comment

Ooh that's a bit fraudy, i'd be careful with misleading council folk.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Contacted council, they just don't understand Airbnb, but they've agreed with me in the end, provided I get confirmation from the Airbnb host that CT is covered, and he's given me that so hopefully all good....
                Not many Einsteins work in councils, plenty of Hitlers though

Comment

Originally posted by CapnAHAB View Post
                  It isn't fraud.

When I move to temporary accommodation if I want to guarantee I get my post I give a relation who isn't going to move for a few years address and make it very clear it is only a mailing address.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnAHAB View Post
                    Its not misleading though. Its like a name. You can use any name you want if not for the purpose of fraud.

Comment

Working...
                    X