• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Considering legal action against A***lass.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering legal action against A***lass.

After three visits and five weeks since I first got in touch with A***lass the windscreen on my car is still not properly fixed. Just noticed the top panel got unstuck less than two weeks after they "fixed it".

Has anyone here been through such experience and went ahead with legal action against A***lass or a similar company? Every appointment is half a day lost in real money.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

You need to send them a recorded delivery letter informing them of the cost of fixing it by another firm like your local garage plus a proof e.g. a quotation of the cost. If you will need car hire for that day you need to find the cheapest car hire you can get, again provide proof, say why you need it and add the amount to your claim.

You need to state that due to their feck up you don't trust them to fix the issue properly hence using this alternative firm.

Say you are giving them 14 days to cough up due to the urgency of the repair and say in the letter if they don't you will take further action including legal action and they will be liable for all costs.

Take multiple photos of your car now especially of the problem area on your mobile as the photos are timed and dated. Make sure you back the photos up. Also take photos if it gets worse before they give you the money.

If it does get worse before they cough up and you have to get it fixed send them another recorded delivery letter stating you have to get it fixed.

Then after 16 days from the first letter if you haven't heard back from them where they have agreed to do something start a claim online.

You need to be "reasonable" in the time you give them and be "reasonable" in your actions. If you do go to court because you have been "reasonable" and provided proof all along you will highly likely win.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You need to send them a recorded delivery letter informing them of the cost of fixing it by another firm like your local garage plus a proof e.g. a quotation of the cost. If you will need car hire for that day you need to find the cheapest car hire you can get, again provide proof, say why you need it and add the amount to your claim.

You need to be "reasonable" in the time you give them and be "reasonable" in your actions. If you do go to court because you have been "reasonable" and provided proof all along you will highly likely win.
      Thank you!

Comment

I forgot to say as you were losing money you should have put a written complaint after the first failed fix pointing that out so you could claim the loss earnings back. Now you can't because you didn't give them notice.

However as a hire car will be cheaper than your day rate hiring a car for a day or even four days depending on how long the garage says it will take is limiting your losses. Make sure the number of days the repair will take is in the quotation and the garage's name, address and phone number can be seen clearly.

BTW I had a windscreen wiper knocked off by a carwash and the basic procedure is what I did. So the carwash paid for my hire car for one day and for me to get a completely new wiper.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I forgot to say as you were losing money you should have put a written complaint after the first failed fix pointing that out so you could claim the loss earnings back. Now you can't because you didn't give them notice.

However as a hire car will be cheaper than your day rate hiring a car for a day or even four days depending on how long the garage says it will take is limiting your losses. Make sure the number of days the repair will take is in the quotation and the garage's name, address and phone number can be seen clearly.

BTW I had a windscreen wiper knocked off by a carwash and the basic procedure is what I did. So the carwash paid for my hire car for one day and for me to get a completely new wiper.
          I did get in touch with them after the first failed appointment (the guy drove off without getting out of the van). Then they failed to order the replacement trims. Now the trims are getting unstuck... I do have proof of incompetence on both organisational and workmanship level. I am now taking the car to the dealer and will be getting it inspected and fixed there.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
            I did get in touch with them after the first failed appointment (the guy drove off without getting out of the van). Then they failed to order the replacement trims. Now the trims are getting unstuck... I do have proof of incompetence on both organisational and workmanship level. I am now taking the car to the dealer and will be getting it inspected and fixed there.
            Thing is you can demand things but the easiest way to get what you want out of them and not even end up in court is to have proof of your losses which is normally a written record. Also it is a good idea to see if there are any court orders against them plus other complaints.

Comment

Working...
            X