• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pan European contracting from an Irish perspective

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pan European contracting from an Irish perspective

I am currently tax resident in Ireland and have my own Ltd Company – however I have not been contracting for approximately the last 2 years. I am keen to enter the contracting market again and my skill set appears to be in demand in London, Dublin , Berlin, Brussels and Amsterdam.

Do any of you have any experience taking international contracts from Ireland and dealing with the Irish Revenue Commissioners if so what would you recommend to attain tax efficiencies and stay compliant?

The advice I have received so far is close my Irish Ltd, become a resident in of the UK and simply utilize umbrella solutions per contract per jurisdiction. Any advice or war stories appreciated.

That sounds like good advice. That's what I did.

If you are moving around different countries it makes sense to use a local umbrella company.

If you remain resident in Ireland you will still have to declare your income in Ireland, but they'll take into account tax paid elsewhere. Generally there will be little if no extra tax to pay.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      That sounds like good advice. That's what I did.

If you are moving around different countries it makes sense to use a local umbrella company.

If you remain resident in Ireland you will still have to declare your income in Ireland, but they'll take into account tax paid elsewhere. Generally there will be little if no extra tax to pay.
      Many thanks Blaster bates- much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X