• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart Pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Pay

I have been approached by "Smart Pay".

They are claiming that I can keep 84% of my income, but being paid minimum wage and taking the rest as an "Employee Lending Facility".

Has anyone had any REAL experience of these schemes? They exist and must have customers, so someone has to be using them. Anyone on here?

After being completely raped by HMRC over IR35, Rental Interest Releif, etc., etc. it is a vert tempting proposition.

Anyone?

Originally posted by NetContractor View Post
    I have been approached by "Smart Pay".

They are claiming that I can keep 84% of my income, but being paid minimum wage and taking the rest as an "Employee Lending Facility".

Has anyone had any REAL experience of these schemes? They exist and must have customers, so someone has to be using them. Anyone on here?

After being completely raped by HMRC over IR35, Rental Interest Releif, etc., etc. it is a vert tempting proposition.

Anyone?
    Oh FFS, of course they have. Knock yourself out:

HMRC Scheme Enquiries

For example:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...-payments.html

If you think IR35 requires lube, you're going to need a bigger boat to carry the lube required for this down the line. Also, I'm assuming you're not some dodgy promoter of this pathetic, obviously flawed, scheme, otherwise I would've been less polite

Comment

Plenty of people with real experience of these schemes. Check the HMRC enquiries threads. Lots of experience of facing bankruptcy as well now.

At the point you saw 84% you should be done. Walk away. Forget real experience. Drop.it like a hot stone. Don't be greedy, be sensible.

A bit better research would also be a good idea when your entire income is at risk.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/showthread.php?t=117687
      https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sm...e=UTF-8#xxri=0
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Plenty of people with real experience of these schemes. Check the HMRC enquiries threads. Lots of experience of facing bankruptcy as well now.

At the point you saw 84% you should be done. Walk away. Forget real experience. Drop.it like a hot stone. Don't be greedy, be sensible.
        or negotiate them up to 92% for the fun of it then drop them like a hot potato. Only if you're bored though.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

OP give all your money to me and I'll give you 93% of it back, its a fully compliant QC backed solution, nothing can go wrong...

Comment

Working...
          X